T-Pod zoom rate

MadKreator

Been flying the harrier for the last couple months, love it! But.. for some reason when I zoom the TGP in and out  when I tap the button for either, it zoom in like 6x then almost all the way in.. no matter how fast I click each button it acts like I’m holding the button down. No issues in any other aircraft, all mapped to the same buttons for zoom. Is there a zoom rate/ sensitivity in the av8b I’m missing? Anyone else have the same issue? I’ve tried other buttons but it doesn't seem to matter, I tap zoom and it just starts going.. sometime a little bit, sometimes it will zoom almost all the way in with one button press. 🤷‍♂️

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

Been flying the harrier for the last couple months, love it! But.. for some reason when I zoom the TGP in and out  when I tap the button for either, it zoom in like 6x then almost all the way in.. no matter how fast I click each button it acts like I’m holding the button down. No issues in any other aircraft, all mapped to the same buttons for zoom. Is there a zoom rate/ sensitivity in the av8b I’m missing? Anyone else have the same issue? I’ve tried other buttons but it doesn't seem to matter, I tap zoom and it just starts going.. sometime a little bit, sometimes it will zoom almost all the way in with one button press.
I have exactly the same issue and couldn't find a solution. I've kind of learned to live with it, but it is a little frustrating.
  • Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

2 hours ago, zildac said:
2 hours ago, MadKreator said:
Been flying the harrier for the last couple months, love it! But.. for some reason when I zoom the TGP in and out  when I tap the button for either, it zoom in like 6x then almost all the way in.. no matter how fast I click each button it acts like I’m holding the button down. No issues in any other aircraft, all mapped to the same buttons for zoom. Is there a zoom rate/ sensitivity in the av8b I’m missing? Anyone else have the same issue? I’ve tried other buttons but it doesn't seem to matter, I tap zoom and it just starts going.. sometime a little bit, sometimes it will zoom almost all the way in with one button press. emoji2369.png

I have exactly the same issue and couldn't find a solution. I've kind of learned to live with it, but it is a little frustrating.

Yup I’ve learned to just deal with it as well, but it is kind of a bummer.

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

12 hours ago, Hitman-vCSG3 said:

Try zooming with the MFD buttons. I mapped these on the HOTAS as I prefer the linear feel more than the zoom commands.

Oh hey that’s a good idea!  I will delete those bindings for “tgp view zoom”  and bind the osb keys to the hotas instead and give it a shot!

—update : that works perfectly! Exactly what I was looking for! Never thought of that, I guess I assumed the tpod view zoom function/keybind would be a mirror of the mpcd buttons. I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to have both mapped so you could have slow and fast zoom🤷‍♂️

Edited by MadKreator

21 hours ago, zildac said:
22 hours ago, MadKreator said:
Been flying the harrier for the last couple months, love it! But.. for some reason when I zoom the TGP in and out  when I tap the button for either, it zoom in like 6x then almost all the way in.. no matter how fast I click each button it acts like I’m holding the button down. No issues in any other aircraft, all mapped to the same buttons for zoom. Is there a zoom rate/ sensitivity in the av8b I’m missing? Anyone else have the same issue? I’ve tried other buttons but it doesn't seem to matter, I tap zoom and it just starts going.. sometime a little bit, sometimes it will zoom almost all the way in with one button press. emoji2369.png

Hitman got it.. bind the zoom keys/ buttons to the right mpcd button 3 and button 4 

Edited by MadKreator
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, MadKreator said:

Hitman got it.. bind the zoom keys/ buttons to the right mpcd button 3 and button 4 

Gonna do that right now!

Works a treat!! May take a little bit to get used to the slightly slower more linear movement but at least it's way more predictable 👍

Edited by zildac
  • Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero