Disappearing models in AI

Arrow206

I have made a couple of large transport aircraft that I can fly or let AI be the pilot.  When I land either aircraft everything works fine and I can taxi wherever I want and stop.

However, when I let AI fly them, everything  works fine until they have landed and slow down.  When they reach about 40km they just vanish!   There are no braking chutes for them, but thrust reversers activate because I have them coded in.  How can this happen? 

Any ideas? Thanks.

4 hours ago, Arrow206 said:

Thanks for the suggestion razo+r but it didn't help having AI land the planes on a long runways like at Nellis AFB.

They still vanish when their speed slows to 38 kts.  Hard to think of anything that would cause that.

if the plane is landing, it's not the runway length, it's how big the parking spots are. If DCS thinks there are no suitable parking spots because your plane is too big, it will despawn the plane on the runway

to test if that is indeed the problem, you can try reducing wing_area and wing_span variables in your lua. make these values really small (just for testing) and then land at a suitable airport.

out of curiosity, what are the values you have for those variables (just how big is your plane?)

3 hours ago, prccowboy said:

to test if that is indeed the problem, you can try reducing wing_area and wing_span variables in your lua.

DCS World core codes might use also lua's length value to decide safe or not about taxing route / parking space.

Using too small values of wing_span or length for modded airplanes will bring colliding with airport buildings or poles , btw ...

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg

40 minutes ago, western_JPN said:

DCS World core codes might use also lua's length value to decide safe or not about taxing route / parking space.

Using too small values of wing_span or length for modded airplanes will bring colliding with airport buildings or poles , btw ...

key word was TEST. if @Arrow206 plane stops vanishing with small values then the source of the problem has been identified and a suitable fix can be found.

The transport plane I made and can fly is the AN-124. It is about the same size as a C5 Galaxy.  I largely used the lua for the C5 which is part of the Military Aircraft Mod  package from 2019 available as a user file download. 
The weights and dimensions I used are those of a real AN-124.  There is no problem parking it on airports with parking spaces or taking off starting from parking spaces or ramps. It is not a size issue.  There is an A-380 in MAM that is significantly  larger and it does not vanish when landing under AI control.  However, the C5 does vanish just like mine and at the same speed.
I cannot see anything in the lua files of either that could make the planes vanish at 38 kts. I guess I will just have to ignore AI landings.  Incidentally, I also have a flyable AN-225 and it does the same thing.
Thanks to all who had suggestions.

6 hours ago, Arrow206 said:

The weights and dimensions I used are those of a real AN-124.  There is no problem parking it on airports with parking spaces or taking off starting from parking spaces or ramps. It is not a size issue.  There is an A-380 in MAM that is significantly  larger and it does not vanish when landing under AI control.  However, the C5 does vanish just like mine and at the same speed.

wrong assumption. DCS will allow you to start from a parking space that it will later determine to be too small to park. The info to your fix has already been provided to you. Check the 380 code, the C5 and your own code for the variables I stated above. I strongly suspect that you will find that the one which is not "disappearing" has a smaller value in a key variable

Disappearances of my tansport aircraft in AI laAntonov.thumb.jpg.f7cbd05eb65c53ce3b9946ndings is fixed! Thanks prccowboy .

I drastically reduced wingspan, wing area, and gross weights like was done for the A-380 and C5. Seems like AI size limits are based on the ED created B-52 which which is pretty small compared to a C5 or AN-124.  I don't see why they have made such a restriction.

Antonov.jpg