YAW AP trimming Pedals again

TheLongShanks

5 hours ago, TheLongShanks said:

Since the new build the pedals are being trimmed by the yaw ap despite pedals being set to "do not trim" in special options.

Check this post, I think there’s an issue as well but others are saying otherwise? Trying to keep it all in one spot for other Hind pilots.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/309266-yaw-autopilot-issue/page/2/#comment-5059992

Edited by Otaroko
Words
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TheLongShanks said:

Since the new build the pedals are being trimmed by the yaw ap despite pedals being set to "do not trim" in special options.

It’s not a big,This is a realistic feature when Yaw AP reaches its limit in heading hold mode. You can read the thread the other poster linked for more information. DCS Mi-8 works the same way but with fewer options. You can fix it by either keeping yaw channel off or holding MicroSwitch bind 

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

It's most definitely a bug, just not a game logic bug but a game logic design flaw. If you allow the option to NOT have the game trim your pedals, then you should also allow the option to have the microswitch logic be switchable instead of hold-able!

Does Eagle Dynamics even fly their modules? 

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

15 hours ago, TheLongShanks said:

I thought the previous implementation was more useful for most people's hardware setups. I also didn't catch the change in the notes, so didn't realise it was intentional.

I agree that the auto trimming works better for consumer pedals/twist sticks.

I think only people that would be un-affected by it are those people that both use the microswitch as intended AND are constantly re trimming pedals. If you don’t trim pedals, (which is especially true for helicopter sim flyers since we often use pedals with no springs), it becomes a bigger headache. 

It’s possible by implementing the realistic functions of the pedal dampener enable/disable switch, that we could have Yaw AP do it’s function with no auto trimming. Please comment here if you would like to help ED realize it may be an important feature/fix for this “problem” 

Edited by AeriaGloria
  • Like 2

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

On 10/8/2022 at 6:43 AM, AeriaGloria said:

I agree that the auto trimming works better for consumer pedals/twist sticks.

I think only people that would be un-affected by it are those people that both use the microswitch as intended AND are constantly re trimming pedals. If you don’t trim pedals, (which is especially true for helicopter sim flyers since we often use pedals with no springs), it becomes a bigger headache. 

It’s possible by implementing the realistic functions of the pedal dampener enable/disable switch, that we could have Yaw AP do it’s function with no auto trimming. Please comment here if you would like to help ED realize it may be an important feature/fix for this “problem” 

Just to clarify myself. You are talking about just switch binding to be toggle instead of “push to enable, off when not pushed”? Because I have it on physical switch (which stays in on position when togled) and it seems working just fine (aka no auto trim. Just dumpening)

48 minutes ago, tehnerd said:

Just to clarify myself. You are talking about just switch binding to be toggle instead of “push to enable, off when not pushed”? Because I have it on physical switch (which stays in on position when togled) and it seems working just fine (aka no auto trim. Just dumpening)

Hello not sure if I completely follow. You are correct that currently it is momentary, press button to keep microswitches pressed/Yaw AP dampening mode on. When bind is released so are microswitches and Yaw goes back to heading hold. This is how the real microswitches work so it makes sense it’s implemented that way even if it doesn’t work so well for a consumer sim. 

So yes a true toggle, either as a seperate bind or special option is certainly one solution ED could use here. However if you wish to do that today, one of the other recent yaw threads in “bugs and problems” on the third page has a post by someone who made a LUA to change the bind from momentary to a toggle. So you can install that if you wish to change it right now 

• Like 1