Will we be able arm ourselves with Triple B-20 cannons?

PLAAF

Like the title.
Will we be able to switch between 2 different armaments that best fit our missions? Thanks for any considerations.

Edited by PLAAF
  • Like 3

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, BalticDude said:

Considering their I-16 does not allow for 20mm, no.

Funnily enough I always thought also it was like that, but then again OctopusG (I believe it was him) provided some info regarding the subject and it turns out type 24 always wore 4 machine guns only, while the kind with 20mm cannon was type 27, so it's not "an option" for 24 but a different type aircraft indeed.

Interestingly, it was like that for other types also, type 5 with 2 cannons was a type 12 (not a gunned up type 5), type 17 (IIRC) 4 guns, type 18 2 cannons (or the other way around), and so on. They are different models, not just the former one "cannoned up", hence some tiny but still differences might appear also between them, different engines, oxygen system yes or no, radios or not, some had a reinforced wing spar or not, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 10 months later...

It's not said anywhere, but I believe 3 B20 canons in La-7 was a different version with different engine cowling, and with it's own problems IIRC. Not just 3 cannons same aircraft. The 3D model we've seen is the regular 2 cannons version.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice