Mission 18 "Under cloud of night" never tells me to RTB

In the "Under cloud of night" mission which I think is mission 18 in the campaign, I am never given updated instructions after destroying the enemy fighters.  I report in after destroying the fighters, at which point I am told to continue as assigned, which was to orbit waypoint 2.  I orbit waypoint 2 until I run out of fuel and am never given further instructions or told to RTB.  I played this mission twice, first crashing after running out of fuel.  The second time I RTB'd at my own discretion but was not awarded mission success.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just to throw this out there, I'm running into the same issue. The assualt seems to go off without a problem, intercepted that one or two flights of enemy fighters (sometimes it seems only one launches, with a possible second one showing up on radar once then never appearing again), I do the acknowledgment that enemy fighters were destroyed where they say to stay on station after, and then just kind of circle in the pattern waiting for an RTB that never comes.

Not sure if there some trigger I'm missing, but there's nothing in the F-10 menu for me after that point. All of the fighters in the strike package seem to leave as well, and I'm the only one flying around for some time after.

I'm having the same problem... Tried it two times now, but some sort of trigger seems to be missing. I shot down two F5 and then reported, but after that there's no end to this mission. I think the first time I flew around for an hour or so until everyone left and even the flares went out. (If you play this at night in a dark room, it looks really, really cool).

One thing I noticed is that the SAM manages to shoot down one of the missiles. Maybe something isn't being destroyed that should be?

Undertheclouds.png

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem, I never get the message to RTB and I can't complete the mission.

Ryzen 7 5800X / 64 GB HyperX RAM DDR4 (3200 MHz) (4 x 16 GB) / AMD Radeon RX 6700XT 12GB GDDR6 / 1 X WD_BLACK 500Gb PCIe NVMe TLC SSD / 1X Samsung 980 Pro SSD M.2 2Tb / PSU Cooler Master 800W Gold / Logitech x-56 hotas / Logitech G Flight Simulator Rudder Pedals / Delanclip Fusion

• 2 weeks later...

Me too!

I've found a video of the mission with DCS 1.5:

It seems that you've to wait until everything is bombed. I did this, but never got the RTB message either. I will carry a/g weapons on the next attempt, to see if something isn't destroyed and therefore not triggered.

Edited by shazam253

Hello,

I have the same issue. I tried to fix it in the mission editor, but the file is protected.

But I was able to identify the targets for the SU-25T´s and realized that they destroy 2 targets and for the other ones they only run in but do not fire any weapons, even if I changed the weapon configuration.

In my case they did not destroyed the 2 Hueys and one small  building (marked with red circles in picture).

The only way for me to proceed was to equip my plane with rockets and destroy those targets by myself, and it worked.

It is not very satisfying to do it this way, but for the sake of being able to continue....

By the way, I also exchanged the default equipped anti radar missiles of the SU-24´s with the heavy missiles, because the dafault rockets didn´t hit the SAM´s.

SU-25T targets.JPG

• Like 2

Good work!

I managed to pass this mission as well. It is really a bit buggy as well. On my first attempt, the F5 never took off ...

On the second attempt, I was lucky. All targets except the Hueys were bombed. I got those with the guns, so I brought back a Flanker full of bombs and rockets.

In my opinion, it can't be that serious to fix this mission. I would assume that likely after some map update the elevation of the Hueys doesn't match, so therefore simply re-placing them in the Mission Editor should work, granted to can access them. I also couldn't work the mission through the editor, but I guess we have a work around for the mission!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...