slaving the on-screen mouse cursor to TrackIR ...

CrazyD

Just wondering if anyone has tried this or is it more of a detriment to playing the game. To be honest I haven't fired any weapons (other than the cannon) - just been tooling around with the flying practice. I've found though while using the TrackIR to look around the cockpit, and moving the mouse to click a switch - its pretty hard to keep my head still long enough sometimes to keep the mouse where I want it. If its possible to slave the mouse pointer to TrackIR, then use the mouse buttons as normal would simplify matters (as in real-life you tend to look directly at whatever you're focussed on - so whenever you are looking inside the cockpit, pointer automatically shows itself, etc etc.

Anyone?

Thanks for your suggestion Kwill - I had a look at the help section in TrackIR - it says that you need to slave the mouse x/y movement to 2 of the 6DOF axis - one I would do would be "head roll", but the other 5 are needed in-game too much. So that kind of didn't work. I just wondered if there was a way to edit something in the config or whatever (beyond my ability - I have to rely on you younger members with your technical savvy, lol)

The mouse should be slaved to the cockpit, not the view. That way you can look around freely while the mouse remains static, precisely placed over a cockpit switch. This really should be compulsory for clickable cockpits. I'm actually surprised ED haven't done it yet!

• Like 1

i think you will loose much of your ability to quickly

click 2 or 3 switches in sequence. anyway...

The mouse should be slaved to the cockpit, not the view. That way you can look around freely while the mouse remains static, precisely placed over a cockpit switch. This really should be compulsory for clickable cockpits. I'm actually surprised ED haven't done it yet!

that's a nice feature to have.

maybe you can put it in our wish list, would you?

i think you will loose much of your ability to quickly

click 2 or 3 switches in sequence. anyway...

that's a nice feature to have.

maybe you can put it in our wish list, would you?

I think that would be an awesome feature, the mouse hovering over a button independent of how you rotate/move your trackir. I find that sometimes I will go to click a button, move my head slightly and miss it when I click

I second that, great idea!