Window Mixed Reality Portal just popup during a mission??

Hello all

I have G2 with OpenXR.  Sunday I was flying on a MP server then suddunly,

Hello all

I have G2 with OpenXR.  Sunday I was flying on a MP server then suddunly, Window Mixed Reality Portal just popup then I was not able to go back to the game.  Alt-tab did not work.  

It happen 2 times and this has never happen to me before.  

any hints for me?

then I was not able to go back to the game.  Alt-tab did not work.  

It happen 2 times and this has never happen to me before.  

any hints for me?

• 1 month later...

Windows MR pop up happens for two reasons

1st .  you press the win key (perhaps some sort of keybinding) or press the wrong key in the left wmr controller.

2nd. If you have the wmr speech recognition enabled and focused in the wmr windows (can see is enabled by seeing a blue line across the top of the screen) on/off by pressing win+y.

I deactivated the left button press modifying some registry  in windows. Here point you the way to do it, 

Hope It helps.

Q 3.9: HOW DO I DISABLE/ENABLE THE WINDOWS BUTTON ON THE CONTROLLER?*

You may find that users accidentally press the Windows button on the VR controllers. This takes the user out of the VR experience and returns them to the Cliff House. You may need to create this DWORD to change its value:

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Dwm

Value: DisableBloomFor6dof

Type: REG_DWORD

Data: WMR Controller Windows button functionality (0=Enable, 1=Disabled)

This will DISABLE the Windows button on the WMR controllers - reboot your computer for it to take effect. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Dwm] “DisableBloomFor6dof”=dword:00000001

image.png

Edited by firefox121

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

On 12/3/2022 at 10:49 AM, firefox121 said:

Windows MR pop up happens for two reasons

1st .  you press the win key (perhaps some sort of keybinding) or press the wrong key in the left wmr controller.

2nd. If you have the wmr speech recognition enabled and focused in the wmr windows (can see is enabled by seeing a blue line across the top of the screen) on/off by pressing win+y.

I deactivated the left button press modifying some registry  in windows. Here point you the way to do it, 

Hope It helps.

Q 3.9: HOW DO I DISABLE/ENABLE THE WINDOWS BUTTON ON THE CONTROLLER?*

You may find that users accidentally press the Windows button on the VR controllers. This takes the user out of the VR experience and returns them to the Cliff House. You may need to create this DWORD to change its value:

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Dwm

Value: DisableBloomFor6dof

Type: REG_DWORD

Data: WMR Controller Windows button functionality (0=Enable, 1=Disabled)

This will DISABLE the Windows button on the WMR controllers - reboot your computer for it to take effect. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Dwm] “DisableBloomFor6dof”=dword:00000001

image.png

Thank !!