Has supersonic performance been adjusted?

Bremspropeller

It seems like performance across the board is degraded. It accelerates slower, turns slower, tops out at lower speeds...

It's also very dependent on weather now. On Caucases in the Winter, you can accelerate from M1.2 to 1.4+ in level flight at ~14000ft. Meanwhile, Syria in Autumn(?), you can't even punch through 1.4 in a shallow dive from ~30k to 15k anymore. (Both completely clean)

I could be mistaken, but I don't recall such a massive performance difference before the changes.

Edited by DJBiscuit1818

• 7 months later...
On 11/8/2022 at 6:52 PM, Bremspropeller said:

Okay, so in the quest for making sense of it all, I decided to "manual up" and got a hand on some handbooks.

I've seen there's a time-to-climb reference in the F1ED's kneecard which I tried to follow.

The figures are pretty close for a time-to-climb from a standstill to FL300 (time within a couple of seconds and fuel consumption within maybe 50l or so).

It all breaks down above FL300 where the aircraft in DCS overperforms significantly. It's reaching FL500 about 40s* sooner than according to schedule and uses up roughly 400l more gas. That adds up to DCS having a somewhat lacking rendition (non-existant?) of a tropopause with denser air and hence better performance at the cost of higher fuel consumption.

Noticed the same discrepancies and did some tests of the RL F1ED optimum climb profiles (also contained in Aerges' manual):

image.png

Unless I'm totally misunderstanding how to fly these profiles, the aircraft significantly overperforms in the high-altitude/high Mach regime. Results below. They pretty much match what Bremspropeller has already established, except that fuel consumption has been lower, not higher than IRL in my tests.

• Very close match with published data until 30,000 ft.
  • Parameters to reach 50,000 ft, clean, standard day should be 465 USG, 120 nm, 8:00 min.
  • Observed in DCS: 422 USG, 73 nm, 6:10 min.
  • Parameters to reach 2.1 M, clean, standard day at 36,000 ft should be 465 USG, 99 nm, 6:30 min
  • Observed in DCS: 440 USG, 70 nm, 6:00 min.

50k.trk accel.trk 50k.acmi accel.acmi

Edited by Bestandskraft
  • Like 1