Ideal/Best DCS F18 Profile for Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS?

Hi All

I've just started getting into DCS in the F18 using my TM Warthog Hotas, and have seen that a number of people have kindly posted their own TM Warthog mapping profiles for the DCS F18 online.

I was wondering if anyone can advise/recommend which of these profiles, or any other profiles, are really good and might be worth a relatively newbie like me using while I'm getting up to speed ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

• Like 1

I think most important is to just have anything you need in the air readily available. I´d check out Chucks guide to get basic mappings done, then play the tutorial missions and go from there. I´ve little by little done adjustments to my mappings when i´ve learned and understood more what i need and how often. Using a custom button box aswell though, so sharing my mappings wouldn´t help unfortunately. 

https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-dcs/

Edited by Tenebrae Aeternae

PC: i7 8700k 32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz  RTX 3070 Ti Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster TPR Track ir 5 Bodnar BBI-32 Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Lewitt LCT 240 Pro
Jets: A-10A A-10C Warthog A-10C II F-14 Tomcat F-16C Viper F-5E Tiger II F/A-18C Hornet F-15C Su-33 MiG-29 F-86F Sabre 
Choppers: AH-64D Mi-8MTV2 UH-1H Huey Black shark 2 Maps: Nevada Normandy Persian gulf Syria The Channel 
WW2: BF-109 K4 Fw 190 D-9 Dora Mosquito FB VI P-51D Mustang Spitfire LF Mk. IX  Other: Supercarrier WWII Assets Pack NS 430 Navigation System Combined Arms 

I'd agree that starting with Chucks is a good place.  Then, unless you're aiming for complete realism, as you fly you'll realize what functions you use a bunch and what you don't use and you can start playing with bindings to get a good balance of realism and what works. Especially if you don't have a complete sim pit it's worth cheating a little to get some of the more used functions onto your HOTAS even if they aren't there in real life (or it becomes a challenge to use keyboard etc for them all the time).

• 3 weeks later...