F-14 violent pitching up after getting out of active pause and going into a flat spin.

jojyrocks

This when trying to use LANTIRN, going to the back seat for setting up targets and prepping for the lase. When trying to do it in the active pause and switching back to the front seat, and then turning off active pause, the aircraft pitches up violently and get forced into a flat spin.

Thank you, we will look into it, but it is possible that active pause simply breaks Iceman, and there is little we can do about it. Active Pause in general is a bit finnicky, and multicrew + AI makes it not much better. It may be better to command Iceman into an orbit and working the LANTIRN like that (as it is meant to be used), than using active pause.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 2 months later...

For what it's worth, what seems to be happening (I discovered this after a number of mysterious takeoff crashes) is that when you get in the backseat during active pause or on the ground - in either case, when the aircraft is motionless - Iceman for some reason can go a little crazy with nose-up pitch trim. I was manually setting fuzing, ripple, etc., stuff in the RIO's seat on the tarmac before hopping back up to front to pilot and as soon as the wheels were off the runway I was in an unrecoverable stall. And of course, a few flat spins after active pause after I'd been in Jester's seat. Easy workaround - when re-entering the pilot cockpit, either on the ground or before unpausing, check the trim gauge...you may find that it has gone from something sensible like +/- 1 or 2 degrees to +20 degrees in your absence.

Edited by default762792
clarification, grammar

• 11 months later...