TDC when using CM-802AKG has a VERY large deadzone that can't be removed using the Special Options menu.

toilet2000

• 1 month later...

Bump,

This makes the CM-802AKG completely unusable, since it's basically impossible to aim.

Tried generating a track, but I think my DCS is configured to not output tracks for performance reason. I will try to fix that, but it is very easy to reproduce, simply bind the TDC to an axis and send a CM-802AKG, then immediately take control of it.

FWIW it _is_ possible to remove those kinds of deadzones, but you have to do it in a slightly funky way.

Basically what you do is you enable user curves for the axis, then bump up the values near the center until they start triggering properly, and then you tune the rest of the curves to be as linear as possible (or whatever you want them to be).

I've had to do this to MANY different TGPs and seeker heads on many different planes and helicopters, for example the Ka-50s Shkval is really hard to use without heavily edited user curves.

Edited by jubuttib

9 hours ago, opps said:

Do you use Designated MITL control mode? This option gives me very fine control.

null

image.png

Indeed, this option works decently (very similar to other MITL weapons in-game). Thanks for the headsup.

Although the Traction option is completely broken currently, which wasn't the case before.

15 hours ago, jubuttib said:

FWIW it _is_ possible to remove those kinds of deadzones, but you have to do it in a slightly funky way.

Basically what you do is you enable user curves for the axis, then bump up the values near the center until they start triggering properly, and then you tune the rest of the curves to be as linear as possible (or whatever you want them to be).

I've had to do this to MANY different TGPs and seeker heads on many different planes and helicopters, for example the Ka-50s Shkval is really hard to use without heavily edited user curves.

This doesn't work as as soon as the threshold is passed, the cursor speed value is not 0, it is set as about half the maximum speed. So it would go from 0 speed to half max speed instantly.