Help with ICS in Multiplayer

martinistripes

Can someone list clearly the criteria that must be met for myself and human RIO to talk in multiplayer?

My friend jumped in the F-14 with me yesterday (not often we both have time) and it was just 30 mins of frustration wondering why we couldn't talk.

It wasn't an SRS server (but I would presume SRS is not mandatory). Audio options seemed set ok. The aircraft had power and the ICS was set to Hot Mic. I also tried holding the ICS comms button (Right-shift + /). Tried the A button, normally used to talk to Jester. Still nothing. My friend confirmed he'd done likewise, checked his settings etc.

We could work around by using a private Discord channel but, we're trying to do things properly; using the sim as it should be used.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

1 hour ago, martinistripes said:

...we're trying to do things properly; using the sim as it should be used.

Cool, but the only in-house option is Voice Chat internal VOIP that has to be allowed by the server owner. Same for SRS. To talk through ICS you need to set the right PTT (push to talk) key which is different for comms menu, Voice Chat and SRS afaik. There are also Special Options in the Tomcat - check them out for SRS and PTT/comms menu behavior.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria