Clearing out the shader cache before updating... but what about the NVidia shader cache?

slughead

I've seen it mentioned that it can be helpful to delete the DCS shader caches before running an update. I haven't seen any mention of the NVidia cache though. Does anyone what the criteria is that Nvidia use to refresh its cached shader files? How does NVidia decide when to remove old / outdated cached shaders - if it does at all?

17 minutes ago, slughead said:

I've seen it mentioned that it can be helpful to delete the DCS shader caches before running an update. I haven't seen any mention of the NVidia cache though. Does anyone what the criteria is that Nvidia use to refresh its cached shader files? How does NVidia decide when to remove old / outdated cached shaders - if it does at all?

it is indeed difficult to track down any info about deleting the nvidia cache. however there are many posts in favor of raising the limit to what cache size is.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/modify-a-nvidia-graphics-card-settings-shader-cach

image.png

Edited by silverdevil

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“The MIGS came up, the MIGS were aggressive, we tangled, they lost.”

- Robin Olds - An American fighter pilot. He was a triple ace.

The only man to ever record a confirmed kill while in glide mode.