Runway undestroyable

Bananabrai

The runway of Puerto Natales is undestroyable.

I took of with a Mirage F1 and a load of 8x BLU-107 Durandal retarded and rocket propelled anti runway bombs.
Dropped all 8 on the runway, 4 on each half, mostly centered.
(I like to bomb runways and then test land on them afterwards, for the fun, no airfields were harmed in these experiments...^^)

The craters were visible.

I landed on the runway, but could taxi without issues (as on fully intact runway).
Tried to taxi directly over the craters. Not even the slightest "falling" in these craters.

@Bremspropeller also landed without issues afterwards.

• Like 4

Alias in Discord: Mailman

only this airfield? will test and report to ED as this would be their bag as there aren't any destruction models for airfields

• Like 1

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

20 hours ago, Raz_Specter said:

only this airfield? will test and report to ED as this would be their bag as there aren't any destruction models for airfields

Only tested this one so far. 

As always, the craters are of course only 2D skin (fine by me) but the sinking into the crater and damaging the gear is missing.
We can check more airfields and different bombs from different aircraft.

Alias in Discord: Mailman

• 2 months later...
On 11/20/2022 at 7:27 AM, Raz_Specter said:

Hi there, I know this is a very old post but, I recently was testing and believe this has been an issue since the release of 2.8 

I made a forum post towards ED about it, if you've done some testing I'd love to see what you found! Thank you.

• Like 1