Opponents keep breaking the hard deck

Looking at this forum it seems this campaign hasn't gotten much love of late. I've been going through the first few missions to see if I can improve my dogfighting skills against the AI. I found the F-14A  to be the most difficult opponent so far due to its incredible turning. However I'm finding I often can't get a kill on most of the others because they dive for the deck and break the hard deck whenever I get close to being on their six. This terminates the engagement. (I sometimes shoot them down anyhow, because, well why not?) I'm wondering if this behavior is due to the recent change in AI dogfighting performance. It's pretty frustrating that they don't respect the ROE.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a reason my post was removed?

I had asked if the update this was included in was already released or not?

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS

Thanks, just wasn't sure if I had already received this patch or not. (If I had I was reporting that they are still hitting the hard deck). Almost finished the campaign so it won't matter but I'll re-fly one or two of them to see how the behavior is different after the patch. Thanks for the response.

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS

5 hours ago, Reflected said:

The new AI is more prone to take the fight down to the deck. It's impossible for mission makers to prevent them from going lower than a given altitude, so in my campaigns I just decreased the hard deck to a minimum, and now it only applies to the player who should know better than an AI.

Have definitely noticed this. I'd say about 60% of the engagements in this campaign were hard deck breaks. Also noticed a lot of other campaigns where for e.g. you are faced with 6 hostiles and 2 or 3 of them fly into the ground before you even engage them. (maybe one missile sent their way but 2 or 3 will hit the ground to avoid it). ED needs to have a look at this. The AI behavior should definitely avoid the ground before avoiding a missile. Both are bad, but one is a guaranteed rapid disassembly.

11 hours ago, trevoC said:

Have definitely noticed this. I'd say about 60% of the engagements in this campaign were hard deck breaks. Also noticed a lot of other campaigns where for e.g. you are faced with 6 hostiles and 2 or 3 of them fly into the ground before you even engage them. (maybe one missile sent their way but 2 or 3 will hit the ground to avoid it). ED needs to have a look at this. The AI behavior should definitely avoid the ground before avoiding a missile. Both are bad, but one is a guaranteed rapid disassembly.

Agree. I've been playing The Georgian War campaign a lot lately and I've noticed several times where the opposing AI just flies into a mountain for no good reason.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals