Ka-50 - Sound of the engine is interrupted when the canon is fired

NightMan

The sound of the engine is reduced when the canon is fired, almost to the point it is cut off and then resumes when firing ends.

One should expect the sound of the canon to overlap the sound of the engine, but that is not what is happening.

Edited by NightMan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking it's OK because it sounds like the sound engine uses compressor maybe because of hi bass freq. or volume.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 5 weeks later...

Still, it is not a bug.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2022 at 11:06 AM, Devrim said:

I'm thinking it's OK because it sounds like the sound engine uses compressor maybe because of hi bass freq. or volume.

I still believe it's a bug. Could you please explain exactly what you mean with that hi bass freq?

But imagine you go down the street in your car and the exaust backfires.

You may jump in your pants, but you never stop listening to the engine.

It's the same thing here.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 7:11 AM, NightMan said:

I still believe it's a bug. Could you please explain exactly what you mean with that hi bass freq?

But imagine you go down the street in your car and the exaust backfires.

You may jump in your pants, but you never stop listening to the engine.

It's the same thing here.

In real life, your hearing sensitivity is on a logarithmic scale.  when you hear a sufficiently loud sound, it will "drown out" the quieter sound, even though the quieter sound is still reaching your ear at the same intensity it was before.  But because of the log-scale of your hearing, something which sounds "twice as as loud" actually has ten times as much sound power.  To 'drown out' the sound of two 1,100 HP gas turbine engines running 10 feet away from you requires an absolutely stupendous amount of sound power.

Most people do not have a speaker/amplifier system for their computer which is powerful enough to play the cannon sound at a high enough volume to drown out the engine sound.  So, in order to make it sound the way it would if you were actually in the cockpit firing the gun, the simulation reduces/cuts the engine sound while the gun sound is playing.