CP/G flying with IHADSS flight symbology yet using TEDAC for TADS search/aquisition?

monkie
Go to solution Solved by kgillers3,

Wondering if it's possible to fly from the CP/G seat with the IHADSS flight symbology yet at the same time use the TEDAC unit to slew the TADS around and search/engage targets at the same time? Yes I want the CP/G to be a one man show. 

So far it only seems if I select TADS the CP/G IHADSS symbology is forced to show the TADS symbology.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

• Solution
8 minutes ago, monkie said:

Wondering if it's possible to fly from the CP/G seat with the IHADSS flight symbology yet at the same time use the TEDAC unit to slew the TADS around and search/engage targets at the same time? Yes I want the CP/G to be a one man show. 

So far it only seems if I select TADS the CP/G IHADSS symbology is forced to show the TADS symbology.

It’s not possible, what you can do is remove the hdu and have a flight page up. Or get in position and switch to tads. But it is all or nothing if you sight select tads 

Some people dim hdu or lower the flir level and gain, to me that doesn’t make a lot of sense but maybe that will be something you can look into, but if it were me I’d remove the hdu by pressing ‘i’ or whatever you have it bound too 

• Like 1

Ok thanks for the reply, I guess having a flight page up would work well, good suggestion. Basically I can get the helicopter heading in the general direction, get it trimmed up and then as you said switch to TADS to acquire and start to engage.

I know it's not real world but I thought man this is as close as I can get to being Rambo from the front seat and it is a fun challenge to juggle flying and tracking at the same time.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10