Spino's Modern F-15 Mods

On 4/7/2024 at 3:36 AM, EA-18G_BlockII said:

I hope you can update the EX model with MAWS mounting point someday  @Spino

I'm not sure it's worthwhile since the EX doesn't actually have the MAWS system installed, they just left the fairings there since they were essentially converting F-15QAs on the production line.  I imagine if USAF doesn't decide to integrate MAWS on the F-15EX, the fairings will go away when production really gets going.

• Like 2

Website (DCS Content): https://sites.google.com/view/spinossimulationsite/home?authuser=0

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@SpinosSimulations

System Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 3060, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM

DCS Wishlist: F-8E/J Crusader, Kola Peninsula Map, F-14B(U), F-14D/ST-21 Super Tomcat

They're used by F-15QA (Qatari Advanced) variant of the F-15E. Until the EX line started production, the F-15 assembly line was only making exports for partner countries (based on the D/E tandem-seat configuration, which is the only F-15 core variant still being produced), so the DoD and Boeing decided not to change the assembly line with a costly redesign. Just use what you have, and since the change is already accounted for with the FBW system, it just makes sense to keep it.

We actually cut into their production line and put the US stuff in it and so they're about 95 percent of the same, but that's exactly why we have a hot line, it's got pretty much everything USAF needs and can change out a few boxes, add some special stuff that's kind of U.S only stuff and they can kind of speed to the Warfighter to replenish the fleet.

Edited by plott1964
  • Like 1

PC specs:

Intel Core i7-13700K [Raptor Lake 3.4GHz Sixteen-Core LGA 1700] (stock clock)/64.0 GB RAM/RTX 3080 GPU (stock clock)/Windows 10 Home/SSD Drives/T.Flight HOTAS X/HP Reverb G2

22 hours ago, Spino said:

I'm not sure it's worthwhile since the EX doesn't actually have the MAWS system installed, they just left the fairings there since they were essentially converting F-15QAs on the production line.  I imagine if USAF doesn't decide to integrate MAWS on the F-15EX, the fairings will go away when production really gets going.

i mean it's just a minor cosmetic touch to the model so it would be ez right? to keep it true to its rl apperance 😄

even the EX model no.7 still keep the mount station

Edited by EA-18G_BlockII
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, EA-18G_BlockII said:

i mean it's just a minor cosmetic touch to the model so it would be ez right? to keep it true to its rl apperance 😄

even the EX model no.7 still keep the mount station

Not so easy since I would have to completely redo the wing station/tail fairing model to include that.  Doable, but last time I tried it started having export issues, never could quite make it work.  Since then I lost track of the original blender file for that model, so I'd probably be starting over from scratch.  The current model has some issues of its own, so I may eventually go back and redo it, but for now it will stay as-is.

Edited by Spino
  • Like 2

Website (DCS Content): https://sites.google.com/view/spinossimulationsite/home?authuser=0

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@SpinosSimulations

System Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 3060, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM

DCS Wishlist: F-8E/J Crusader, Kola Peninsula Map, F-14B(U), F-14D/ST-21 Super Tomcat

3 hours ago, Spino said:

Not so easy since I would have to completely redo the wing station/tail fairing model to include that.  Doable, but last time I tried it started having export issues, never could quite make it work.  Since then I lost track of the original blender file for that model, so I'd probably be starting over from scratch.  The current model has some issues of its own, so I may eventually go back and redo it, but for now it will stay as-is.

Thanks you for considering making a better model. Looking forward to it