Buddy Lase

LorenLuke

With the updating of the module, would it be possible to update the laser logic, or include an editor option to enable cross platform laser codes.

Seeing it be able to interface with the FC3 Russian aircraft, or with NATO aircraft die to the lack of Russian full fidelity modules, an option for setting the platform as buddy lase capable, as well as if the laser is soviet capable or set to preset NATO codes for Shark laser settings 1, 2, and 3.

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken the blackshark's Vikr is a beam rider. Infact it acts more like a tow, then say a helfire. Where the hellfire searchs for sparkling laser light reflected from a target to find it's mark. The Vikr, Rides the bean to the target. Like a laser tow wire so to say. Would explain why the vihkr spirals around the beam . So the brevity wouldn't be Rifle!. It would be Wire. So buddy lasing would be difficult, because the vihkr's sensors are looking back at the Ka-50, and not looking forward for a coded laser sparkle.

Edited by Makempay

5 hours ago, Makempay said:

If I'm not mistaken the blackshark's Vikr is a beam rider. Infact it acts more like a tow, then say a helfire. Where the hellfire searchs for sparkling laser light reflected from a target to find it's mark. The Vikr, Rides the bean to the target. Like a laser tow wire so to say. Would explain why the vihkr spirals around the beam . So the brevity wouldn't be Rifle!. It would be Wire. So buddy lasing would be difficult, because the vihkr's sensors are looking back at the Ka-50, and not looking forward for a coded laser sparkle.

That's all fine, but I'm talking about the Shark's Kh-25MLs. Or lasing any other platform that has laser guided weapons.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 12:49 AM, LorenLuke said:

With the updating of the module, would it be possible to update the laser logic, or include an editor option to enable cross platform laser codes.

Seeing it be able to interface with the FC3 Russian aircraft, or with NATO aircraft die to the lack of Russian full fidelity modules, an option for setting the platform as buddy lase capable, as well as if the laser is soviet capable or set to preset NATO codes for Shark laser settings 1, 2, and 3.

I think buddy lasing with the Ka-50 is already possible. The Ka-50 (as well as all the FC3 aircraft) uses laser code 1113 or something similar IIRC.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 year later...

Is anyone had tested buddy lasing between Kamovs, SU-25 since BS3 and the remake of the Kh-25ML ? (ex : smoke on engine)
Is it work ?
Is the laser code of the Kamov is 1113 ?
Is the 3 position switch of the Kamov work, and is it really change the laser code ?
If yes, what are the three possible laser's code ?
What are thoses lasers code for each position ?
Does it work with JTAC ?

I think buddy lasing is a very great fonctionnality to increase cooperation between aircrafts, but ED doesn't say much on this subject, a vagueness seems to have been maintained for years. The KA-50 and the Su-25 could cooperate together, it seems, but very little practical information, even the manual does not indicate the laser codes of the 3-position switch, nor even if this switch is functional...