DISREGARD; "problem" solved

Jayhawk1971

DISREGARD.

I suspect the "press spacebar" didn't "take" before the engagement. I'm playing in VR, and therefore hit the keyboard "blind", so it's quite possible that I didn't press the spacebar correctly or fully.  

So if I didn't ID the target correctly, of course they're invincible! 🤦‍♂️

This mission I am pretty task-saturated pre-engagement: developing the tactical situation, while scanning for the Wildcard, while also trying to ID targets....all while Jester in the back is - probably - reading the latest issue of "Big 'Uns". 🙂  It's easy to take something for granted (like a keystroke) and move on. Let this be a lesson for you, kids: always check twice! 👴 👆 😂

I was re-flying event 6 yesterday with the latest OB patch, and noticed that Red Air AI didn't die after being hit by missiles and guns.

Apparently over the course of the engagement, I happened to exclusively hit the same  F-16 ("430") over again, twice with Sidewinders, and later with the gun (after I was "dead" I chased him down with the gun:  a) to check if he would eventually die, and b) because I was pissed 🙂 ). Nada effect on target.

Friendly AI did die after being hit, and I got hit eventually and got the usual message....and would you have guessed it: I got shot by F-16 "430". 👽

Maybe the latest patch messed something up with the mission editor? Or could it be something on my end?

I saved the debriefing that shows whom I shot and hit. 

I did save the track file as well, but it's kinda large and probably useless for the Tomcat? If you need it, let me know and I'll PM you the thing.

event6.log

Edited by Jayhawk1971

• Jayhawk1971 changed the title to DISREGARD; "problem" solved