Jump to content

VAICOM plugin PTT not detecting VA commands (v2.5)


Clark
 Share

Recommended Posts

Running DCS 2.7 but this problem is before even running DCS. DCS v2.7 and VAICOM v2.5

I've got the VAICOM profile loaded and VA detects when I press a TX hotkey or joystick button (VA window says "Joystick: Transmit TX4 press" for example). However the command doesn't seem to be forwarded to the VAICOM plugin. There is no response on the plugin PTT page. I can mouse click on the PTT page on any TX channel and it plays the sounds to open and close the channel, but commands from VA don't trigger the channel.

The plugin initializes fine and says ready for commands but it doesn't hear any from the VA process. "XMIT" does not appear for example.

Any idea why the plugin isn't listening to VA?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Clark said:

Running DCS 2.7 but this problem is before even running DCS. DCS v2.7 and VAICOM v2.5

I've got the VAICOM profile loaded and VA detects when I press a TX hotkey or joystick button (VA window says "Joystick: Transmit TX4 press" for example). However the command doesn't seem to be forwarded to the VAICOM plugin. There is no response on the plugin PTT page. I can mouse click on the PTT page on any TX channel and it plays the sounds to open and close the channel, but commands from VA don't trigger the channel.

The plugin initializes fine and says ready for commands but it doesn't hear any from the VA process. "XMIT" does not appear for example.

Any idea why the plugin isn't listening to VA?

Ok, if I understand correctly, VA is acknowledging TX presses, but it seems like Vaicom isn't. When you're looking at the plugin PTT page and you hit a TX key, does the TX channel illuminate? It's not that easy to see, but it should look like TX5 in the attached image.

Also, just to eliminate this as as a possible issue, is the correct microphone selected as the input device both in VA and in Windows? I've had Windows switch input devices on me randomly in the past...

Screenshot (32).png

 

 

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks

Yep, VA recognizes the button press and voice input like "Magic", but the TX buttons on the plugin PTT dialog do not light up.  I can press on the TX buttons directly and they work so I know how they can light up.  It seems like the VA process and the plugin process just don't communicate.  (The plugin even connects to DCS fine.)  Even looking in the profile, the button presses are mapped to the "VAICOM for DCS World" plugin.  All looks normal.

I don't know if this is related but the plugin window does not open with LSFT LALT C (not even as a hidden window).  The log indicates the plugin has started, just no window.

11:55:43.606 Plugin support enabled.
11:55:44.048 VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License: PRO
11:55:44.048 Press LCtrl+LAlt+C for config.
11:55:44.048 Initializing..
11:55:45.213 Plugin version 2.5.28.0 
11:55:45.214 License: PRO
11:55:45.583 Executing automatic lua code installation.
11:55:45.595 DCS World version 2.5 not found.
11:55:45.596 DCS World version 2.5 OpenBeta not found.
11:55:45.596    Using custom install path for STEAM
11:55:45.596    Install path = E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DCSWorld
11:55:45.599    Saved Games folder = C:\Users\clark\Saved Games\DCS
11:55:45.599    Unchanged: Export.lua
11:55:45.601    Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua
11:55:45.602    Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua
11:55:45.603    Reset: speech.lua
11:55:45.604    Reset: common.lua
11:55:45.605    Reset: TabSheetBar.lua
11:55:45.606    Reset: gameMessages.lua
11:55:45.608    6/7 DCS-side files were updated.
11:55:46.635 Checking VA profile.
11:55:46.640 WARNING: Could not load the AIRIO plugin extension.
11:55:46.680 Initializing database tables...
11:55:46.729 Done.
11:55:46.761 Loading keywords database...
11:55:46.772 Success.
11:55:46.773 Loading F10 menu items...
11:55:46.774 Success.
11:55:46.776 Updating aliases..
11:55:46.777 Done.
11:55:46.789 Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.
11:55:46.806 Adding 0 imported menu commands.
11:55:46.808 Building master keywords table...
11:55:46.810 Success.
11:55:46.815 Building kneeboard tables...
11:55:46.820 Success.
11:55:46.821 Building master labels table...
11:55:46.822 Success.
11:55:46.824 No new DCS modules to import.
11:55:46.932 Listening suspended
11:55:46.958 Startup finished.
11:55:47.106 Ready for commands.
11:55:47.132 Plugin 'VAICOM PRO for DCS World' initialized.
11:56:02.802 Shortcut : 'Configuration'
 

No plugin window appears, not even off screen.  I have to click on VAICOM.exe to get the plugin window to appear.  But maybe that is a different instance of the plugin?  There is nothing in the logs to indicate the plugin is not working as expected. 

Edit: while VAICOM 2.8 doesn't seem to work with my DCS 2.7, VA and the 2.8 VAICOM plugin do behave correctly with each when I tried them:  LSFT-LALT-C opens the plugin window and the plugin TX buttons light up in response to VA commands.


Edited by Clark
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Clark said:

Thanks

Yep, VA recognizes the button press and voice input like "Magic", but the TX buttons on the plugin PTT dialog do not light up.  I can press on the TX buttons directly and they work so I know how they can light up.  It seems like the VA process and the plugin process just don't communicate.  (The plugin even connects to DCS fine.)  Even looking in the profile, the button presses are mapped to the "VAICOM for DCS World" plugin.  All looks normal.

I don't know if this is related but the plugin window does not open with LSFT LALT C (not even as a hidden window).  The log indicates the plugin has started, just no window.

11:55:43.606 Plugin support enabled.
11:55:44.048 VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License: PRO
11:55:44.048 Press LCtrl+LAlt+C for config.
11:55:44.048 Initializing..
11:55:45.213 Plugin version 2.5.28.0 
11:55:45.214 License: PRO
11:55:45.583 Executing automatic lua code installation.
11:55:45.595 DCS World version 2.5 not found.
11:55:45.596 DCS World version 2.5 OpenBeta not found.
11:55:45.596    Using custom install path for STEAM
11:55:45.596    Install path = E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DCSWorld
11:55:45.599    Saved Games folder = C:\Users\clark\Saved Games\DCS
11:55:45.599    Unchanged: Export.lua
11:55:45.601    Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua
11:55:45.602    Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua
11:55:45.603    Reset: speech.lua
11:55:45.604    Reset: common.lua
11:55:45.605    Reset: TabSheetBar.lua
11:55:45.606    Reset: gameMessages.lua
11:55:45.608    6/7 DCS-side files were updated.
11:55:46.635 Checking VA profile.
11:55:46.640 WARNING: Could not load the AIRIO plugin extension.
11:55:46.680 Initializing database tables...
11:55:46.729 Done.
11:55:46.761 Loading keywords database...
11:55:46.772 Success.
11:55:46.773 Loading F10 menu items...
11:55:46.774 Success.
11:55:46.776 Updating aliases..
11:55:46.777 Done.
11:55:46.789 Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.
11:55:46.806 Adding 0 imported menu commands.
11:55:46.808 Building master keywords table...
11:55:46.810 Success.
11:55:46.815 Building kneeboard tables...
11:55:46.820 Success.
11:55:46.821 Building master labels table...
11:55:46.822 Success.
11:55:46.824 No new DCS modules to import.
11:55:46.932 Listening suspended
11:55:46.958 Startup finished.
11:55:47.106 Ready for commands.
11:55:47.132 Plugin 'VAICOM PRO for DCS World' initialized.
11:56:02.802 Shortcut : 'Configuration'
 

No plugin window appears, not even off screen.  I have to click on VAICOM.exe to get the plugin window to appear.  But maybe that is a different instance of the plugin?  There is nothing in the logs to indicate the plugin is not working as expected. 

Edit: while VAICOM 2.8 doesn't seem to work with my DCS 2.7, VA and the 2.8 VAICOM plugin do behave correctly with each when I tried them:  LSFT-LALT-C opens the plugin window and the plugin TX buttons light up in response to VA commands.

 

Ok, so we're getting somewhere. Vaicom Pro 2.8 is the current version and, when we have it set up right, it will work with DCS 2.7, so I suggest we should work on getting that working.

A few more questions...

Did you install Vaicom Pro 2.8 from the GitHub page? If so, did you install from the .MSI, or from the zip?On the 'Config' page, are the sliders set correctly re Release/OpenBeta and Standalone/Steam? Is your install in the default location (eg C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World for the release/standalone version)? If not, do you have the custom install path selected on the 'Config' page?

Please see the attached screenshot for examples of settings on the 'Config' page - mine are set for the OpenBeta/Standalone version.

Screenshot (34).png

 

 

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

(Sorry for the delay) For 2.8 I just used the zip file from Gitub and copied its folder after deleting the other one.  I also deleted VAICOM folder and scripts from the saved games Scripts folder.  I'll reinstall v2.8 and get to where I was before.  Everything worked on the VA side but nothing was happening in game.  

I'm using Steam/release/custom folder for the settings.


Edited by Clark
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Clark said:

(Sorry for the delay) For 2.8 I just used the zip file and copied its folder after deleting the other one.  I also deleted VIAM folder and scripts from the saved games Scripts folder.  I'll reinstall v2.8 and get to where I was before.  Everything worked on the VA side but nothing was happening in game.  

I'm using Steam/stable/custom folder for the settings.

 

Ok great, thanks for all that. Question for when you get 2.8 up and running as it was: When you’re running DCS, is the module indicates on the plugin PTT page?

 

 

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok , DCS shut down, VA shutdown, scripts folder cleared, VAICOM 2.7 plugin removed, VA restarted, VAVAICOM 2.8 reinstalled, profile reimported, custom steam directory, steam / release / debug set.

 

VA and and VAICOM plugin working as expected with TX buttons and joystick button working.  "Options" "Magic" and "Request picture" all recognized and XMIT'd to plugin.

Plugin is not recognizing A10 module as active but VA is receiving messages from game.

 

VAICOM PRO logfile
Plugin version 2.8.0.0 
License: PRO
Executing automatic lua code installation.
DCS World version 2.8 not found.
DCS World version 2.8 OpenBeta not found.
   Using custom install path for STEAM
   Install path = E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DCSWorld
   Saved Games folder = C:\Users\clark\Saved Games\DCS
   Unchanged: Export.lua
   Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua
   Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua
   Reset: speech.lua
   Reset: common.lua
   Reset: TabSheetBar.lua
   Reset: gameMessages.lua
   6/7 DCS-side files were updated.
Checking VA profile.
Importing RIO extension pack...
Done.
Initializing database tables...
Done.
Loading keywords database...
Success.
Loading F10 menu items...
Success.
Updating aliases..
Done.
Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.
Adding 0 imported menu commands.
Building master keywords table...
Success.
Building kneeboard tables...
Success.
Building master labels table...
Success.
No new DCS modules to import.
Adding themepack collections
Chatter theme set to Default
Adding chatter resources.. Default
Resources added. 
Chatter initialized. 
Startup finished.
Ready for commands.
Allied Flight (Colt11): Colt 1, passing waypoint 2 at 16000
Allied Flight (Colt11): Colt 1, in from the southwest, engaging _AUXILLARY_EQUIPMENT at bulls 116 for 400
Captured sentence: options
Have result, identified as command: Options
TX4 | SEL/AUTO: [   ] ,  [ Show Options ]   
Constructing message... 
Done. 
Allied Flight (Enfield21): Enfield 2, tally armor at bulls 117 for 400
Allied Flight (Enfield21): Enfield 2, tally armor at bullseye 117 for 400
Captured sentence: options
Have result, identified as command: Options
TX4 | SEL/AUTO: [   ] ,  [ Show Options ]   
Constructing message... 
Done. 
AWACS (Magic1-1): Hawg 1-1, Magic1-1, BRA, 024 for 40, at 10000, hot
Captured sentence: magic
Have result, identified as recipient: Magic
(awaiting additional input)
Captured sentence: request picture
Have result, identified as command: Request Picture
Allied Flight (Colt11): Colt 1, tally armor at bullseye 117 for 400
AWACS (Magic1-1): Hawg 1-1, Magic1-1, BRA, 021 for 40, at 10000, hot
 

But nothing seems to be picked u pby the game when saying Options or Magic call.

Restarted the mission and it works!     Merry Christmas to me!

Thanks Horn!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Clark said:

Ok , DCS shut down, VA shutdown, scripts folder cleared, VAICOM 2.7 plugin removed, VA restarted, VAVAICOM 2.8 reinstalled, profile reimported, custom steam directory, steam / release / debug set.

 

VA and and VAICOM plugin working as expected with TX buttons and joystick button working.  "Options" "Magic" and "Request picture" all recognized and XMIT'd to plugin.

Plugin is not recognizing A10 module as active but VA is receiving messages from game.

 

VAICOM PRO logfile
Plugin version 2.8.0.0 
License: PRO
Executing automatic lua code installation.
DCS World version 2.8 not found.
DCS World version 2.8 OpenBeta not found.
   Using custom install path for STEAM
   Install path = E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DCSWorld
   Saved Games folder = C:\Users\clark\Saved Games\DCS
   Unchanged: Export.lua
   Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua
   Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua
   Reset: speech.lua
   Reset: common.lua
   Reset: TabSheetBar.lua
   Reset: gameMessages.lua
   6/7 DCS-side files were updated.
Checking VA profile.
Importing RIO extension pack...
Done.
Initializing database tables...
Done.
Loading keywords database...
Success.
Loading F10 menu items...
Success.
Updating aliases..
Done.
Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.
Adding 0 imported menu commands.
Building master keywords table...
Success.
Building kneeboard tables...
Success.
Building master labels table...
Success.
No new DCS modules to import.
Adding themepack collections
Chatter theme set to Default
Adding chatter resources.. Default
Resources added. 
Chatter initialized. 
Startup finished.
Ready for commands.
Allied Flight (Colt11): Colt 1, passing waypoint 2 at 16000
Allied Flight (Colt11): Colt 1, in from the southwest, engaging _AUXILLARY_EQUIPMENT at bulls 116 for 400
Captured sentence: options
Have result, identified as command: Options
TX4 | SEL/AUTO: [   ] ,  [ Show Options ]   
Constructing message... 
Done. 
Allied Flight (Enfield21): Enfield 2, tally armor at bulls 117 for 400
Allied Flight (Enfield21): Enfield 2, tally armor at bullseye 117 for 400
Captured sentence: options
Have result, identified as command: Options
TX4 | SEL/AUTO: [   ] ,  [ Show Options ]   
Constructing message... 
Done. 
AWACS (Magic1-1): Hawg 1-1, Magic1-1, BRA, 024 for 40, at 10000, hot
Captured sentence: magic
Have result, identified as recipient: Magic
(awaiting additional input)
Captured sentence: request picture
Have result, identified as command: Request Picture
Allied Flight (Colt11): Colt 1, tally armor at bullseye 117 for 400
AWACS (Magic1-1): Hawg 1-1, Magic1-1, BRA, 021 for 40, at 10000, hot
 

Ok, so I guess that didn’t actually work.

After speaking with guys smarter on this than myself on discord, they’ve suggested they could best help if you spoke to them directly.

 Would you be ok visiting them here for further support?

 

 

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Clark said:

It's working for me now, Horn.  It took a mission restart to finally close the loop and let the plugin detect the A10C modules in use.

Thanks and have a great holiday season! (if that's your thing 🙂 )

Oh awesome, glad to hear it. Happy holidays to you too and happy flying!

 

 

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update: VAICOM 2.8 is making my DCS 2.7 crash after a few minutes into any mission.  I'll try to join up on Discord to find out if this is expected.  The Github page says VAICOM 2.8 is not compatible with DCS 2.7 so I'm not hopeful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Clark said:

Update: VAICOM 2.8 is making my DCS 2.7 crash after a few minutes into any mission.  I'll try to join up on Discord to find out if this is expected.  The Github page says VAICOM 2.8 is not compatible with DCS 2.7 so I'm not hopeful.

Yeah, k two things here that may not be good news.

 Just before you came back and said things were working, I was told 2.8 wasn’t compatible with 2.7. When you came back and said it was working I figured there was no point asking you to switch back to the old version and troubleshoot that.

 The guys on discord are better positioned than me to help. Out of curiosity, what makes you think it’s Vaicom causing DCS to crash? My understanding of the way Vaicom interacts with DCS doesn’t suggest it could cause a crash, but again, I could be wrong and the guys on discord are better able to help, if the problem is Vaicom-related they’ll find it.

 

 

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Clark said:

Update: VAICOM 2.8 is making my DCS 2.7 crash after a few minutes into any mission.  I'll try to join up on Discord to find out if this is expected.  The Github page says VAICOM 2.8 is not compatible with DCS 2.7 so I'm not hopeful.

 

Vaicom 2.8 is only compatible with DCS 2.8.

 

Don B

My VKB Gunfighter MK III Pro L Review

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |VKB GF MK III Pro L Ultimate Grip| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...