Mission editor scoring, results, and flag value increase.

pm_me_youngs_modulus

Hello all,

I've been working on a campaign and, while I've made some pretty big strides in the ME on my own and with the help of various post on here, I need to see if I can check my understanding and clarify some things.  The first mission is a carrier qualification in which the player is required to launch and complete four recoveries to be successful, I began the mission with two flags (1 and 2) turned on (my understanding is that both flags have a default value of 1 but correct me if I'm wrong).

Flag 2 turns off after launch (when player's speed and altitude reach a specified condition) and a switched condition will increase flag 1 on each subsequent landing, this is accomplished the same way when speed is less than 30 kts,  altitude is less than 100 feet, and flag 2 is false.  The switched condition counting the traps and increasing the value of flag 1 works fine (after four successful traps - when flag 1 equals 5 - my mission success message displays and bolters are not being counted).

I ran into trouble when trying to apply a score, I wanted to add 15 pts for each trap for 60 pts, and on the last trap flag 6 turns on adding an additional 40 pts for a total of 100.  What I am getting is 55 pts total meaning it is counting the 40 pts when flag 6 is true, and one of the 15 pts from a single trap but not the other three.

Can anyone think of why this might be happening?  Is it a minor thing that I'm overlooking?

What about using the Flag Increase by 15 instead of 1?  And when Flag 6 goes true then Flag Increase by 40..

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Viper Launch needs to be a switched condition. In the screenshot it is a "once" so it'll only set flag 2 off one time.  Should also add the condition flag 2 is true to it. 

Viper Landing is fine, but you should then add the action setting flag 2 on. 

Effectively flag 2 would act as a toggle where it only checks the relevant conditions when you want it to. 

On 12/27/2022 at 9:51 AM, pm_me_youngs_modulus said:

I began the mission with two flags (1 and 2) turned on (my understanding is that both flags have a default value of 1 but correct me if I'm wrong).

All flags start as 0 to begin with. Don't even need to set a value in order to use it. You could just set flag 2 on at the start and leave flag 1 being zero. Then change the flag 1 equals 5 to 4 to reflect the actual value you are wanting it to be. Might be a little easier than having to remember that you offset it. 

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

On 12/28/2022 at 11:04 PM, Grimes said:

Viper Launch needs to be a switched condition. In the screenshot it is a "once" so it'll only set flag 2 off one time.  Should also add the condition flag 2 is true to it. 

Viper Landing is fine, but you should then add the action setting flag 2 on. 

Effectively flag 2 would act as a toggle where it only checks the relevant conditions when you want it to. 

All flags start as 0 to begin with. Don't even need to set a value in order to use it. You could just set flag 2 on at the start and leave flag 1 being zero. Then change the flag 1 equals 5 to 4 to reflect the actual value you are wanting it to be. Might be a little easier than having to remember that you offset it. 

@Grimes

I want flag 2 to turn off only once, otherwise it counts a recovery at mission start when I am at 0 kts and 75 ft (meeting the speed and altitude criteria).  The Idea was flag two is on, then on the first launch it turns off, that way it only increases flag one when the speed and altitude conditions are met and flag 2 is false (which can only happen after launch this way). 

As far as flag one being equal to zero, I originally thought that too but it was displaying my mission success condition at the third recovery instead of the fourth meaning that the flag had to be equal to 1 when it turned on, that's why I changed it to 5 so that it counts correctly on the fourth recovery.

29 minutes ago, pm_me_youngs_modulus said:

@Grimes

I want flag 2 to turn off only once, otherwise it counts a recovery at mission start when I am at 0 kts and 75 ft (meeting the speed and altitude criteria).  The Idea was flag two is on, then on the first launch it turns off, that way it only increases flag one when the speed and altitude conditions are met and flag 2 is false (which can only happen after launch this way). 

As far as flag one being equal to zero, I originally thought that too but it was displaying my mission success condition at the third recovery instead of the fourth meaning that the flag had to be equal to 1 when it turned on, that's why I changed it to 5 so that it counts correctly on the fourth recovery.

Try set Flag Value - that will know it's an Integer rather than a boolean.