Mission 4 SEAD ineffective

Not sure if the campaign is still being maintained, but i've just started replaying the RF campaign and can't progress past mission 4. I kept getting blown away after popping up for attack. After reviewing the recording in tacview I think what happened was the SA15s around the target airport successfully stopped the F18s from SEAD. In fact, all but one F18 were taken out by the SA15s along with one other SAM to the south. Only the SAM to the south appeared to be destroyed by HARM. With at least two SA15s in the immediate area and no terrain to mask my approach, there is no way to perform the attack. All Viggens were taken out by the SA15s. I guess there must've been some changes to the relative strengths of the aircraft/SAM involved since the campaign was made, and now the mission becomes too difficult? Capture d’écran 2023-01-01 164337 Viggen rf 4 SA15 swarm.png

• 9 months later...

Can confirm this is a problem. 

During my current playthrough, I am assembling a number of points where the Campaign is need of updating and improvement. 
The inability of Springfield flight to  survive the threat they need to clear in order for the player to survive the mission is one of the bigger issues. 

Edited by JonathanRL

signature.png

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke to IronMike on the HB Discord. He is aware of the issue. Since I have a recent play-through (not yet fully complete) where I log every single thing I would like to have fixed in this Campaign I also volunteered to help fix it. Just wanted to give thats headsup 🙂

• Like 1

signature.png

On 10/25/2023 at 8:20 PM, JonathanRL said:

I spoke to IronMike on the HB Discord. He is aware of the issue. Since I have a recent play-through (not yet fully complete) where I log every single thing I would like to have fixed in this Campaign I also volunteered to help fix it. Just wanted to give thats headsup 🙂

That's great! Why didn't I think of that?

You're the guy posting the missions on youtube? I've watched a few of those 🙂

Tusen takk for hjelpen 😀