I finsihed the campaign yesterday and want to say thank you. It's an awesome campaign and a great final. Got a little extra tension because I missidentified a target and wasted a missile. So guns it was 😂. Hoping to see more of your work coming the Hornets way 😄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cathnan said:

I finsihed the campaign yesterday and want to say thank you. It's an awesome campaign and a great final. Got a little extra tension because I missidentified a target and wasted a missile. So guns it was 😂. Hoping to see more of your work coming the Hornets way 😄 

Glad you enjoyed it, that's what it is all about  at the end of the day. 🙂👍

Any ideas what you would like to see Ford do next?

Edited by Badger633

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Just a random idea, I don't know if something can be made out of it. The Republic of Cyprus get's attacked and critical infrastructure is destroyed in the west of the island. It's clear it's not your average terror organization and traces lead to turkey. The attacks seem to indicate preparation for a turkish invasion of the island. A carrier group get's sent to assist and investigate. Maybe it were syrian false flag operations trying to pit Nato members against each other?

16 minutes ago, Cathnan said:

Just a random idea, I don't know if something can be made out of it. The Republic of Cyprus get's attacked and critical infrastructure is destroyed in the west of the island. It's clear it's not your average terror organization and traces lead to turkey. The attacks seem to indicate preparation for a turkish invasion of the island. A carrier group get's sent to assist and investigate. Maybe it were syrian false flag operations trying to pit Nato members against each other?

Thanks, an interesting idea. Will give that one some thought. 

Could be some interesting twist and turns  in such a plot. 🙂👍

Edited by Badger633

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

On 1/8/2023 at 10:54 AM, Badger633 said:

Any ideas what you would like to see Ford do next?

Well this VR flier would like to see any map with good FPS, which means not in Syria nor Marians...

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

5 minutes ago, Steel Jaw said:

Well this VR flier would like to see any map with good FPS, which means not in Syria nor Marians...

hopefully they will get better 🤞

• 3 months later...

Just finished this campaign and had a blast!

There are campaigns with more complex missions and better voice acting, but in terms of fun factor this one is right up there.

It will test your skills - Hornet systems knowledge, AA refueling, carrier landings - but never in a way that feels unfair or frustrating.  Some campaigns can be a bit frustrating or awkward to play because you end up getting killed by trying to stay on the rails of the mission script, and end up doing things you would probably never do on an MP server or other open environment.  This kind of thing never really happens in this campaign, which makes it more enjoyable to play through.

Mission scripting is really tight, you're never left wondering if you missed a trigger.

Another really strong point is the weather and time of day settings.  It's amazing how much better DCS can look when effort is put into this area.  This was a really strong point of ROPL1 as well.  There are a lot of really atmospheric moments in this campaign where everything comes together.  Hooking up to the tanker just as dawn breaks over the horizon for example.

As for ideas for the next campaign...

On 1/8/2023 at 1:28 PM, Cathnan said:

...I really like this one.  The Syria map is pretty popular these days both in MP and recent campaigns, but we haven't really seen a campaign that uses the Cyprus part of the map yet!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClydeBigBird said:

Just finished this campaign and had a blast!

There are campaigns with more complex missions and better voice acting, but in terms of fun factor this one is right up there.

It will test your skills - Hornet systems knowledge, AA refueling, carrier landings - but never in a way that feels unfair or frustrating.  Some campaigns can be a bit frustrating or awkward to play because you end up getting killed by trying to stay on the rails of the mission script, and end up doing things you would probably never do on an MP server or other open environment.  This kind of thing never really happens in this campaign, which makes it more enjoyable to play through.

Mission scripting is really tight, you're never left wondering if you missed a trigger.

Another really strong point is the weather and time of day settings.  It's amazing how much better DCS can look when effort is put into this area.  This was a really strong point of ROPL1 as well.  There are a lot of really atmospheric moments in this campaign where everything comes together.  Hooking up to the tanker just as dawn breaks over the horizon for example.

As for ideas for the next campaign...

...I really like this one.  The Syria map is pretty popular these days both in MP and recent campaigns, but we haven't really seen a campaign that uses the Cyprus part of the map yet!

Thanks @ClydeBigBird for your kind words.
When creating a campaign I work hard on just the aspects you have mentioned, so it’s great to see they are noticed. 
Glad you like the @Cathnan idea as I am working on my next campaign which is just that. 😉

Thanks @Cathnan

Edited by Badger633
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello Badger633. Thanks for your Hornet campaign series - it's the best way to get my skills back on track after some time off from flying. Very friendly and atmospheric. Consider that I have already bought your future campaign)))

Please check ROPL2 M12 POLICING POLITICIANS.miz - after the update on April 11, it closes immediately after the start.

HI @Shurik75

Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated.

I just checked both M12 normal and EZ refuel. Both opened with no problem and did not close down immediately. What do you mean by immediately i.e. is it instant without you doing anything?  

Are you using Open Beta? I cannot check in Stable as I do not use it and would suggest using Open beta.

I don't think the issue is with the mission file, as I can open ok, but may be some sort of corruption to your campaign progress listing in DCS. Must admit don't know how to resolve such an issue although some people have  mentioned it in the past. Maybe reset the campaign start the first mission then close it and skip to 12 to see if that helps.

Cheers

39 минут назад, Badger633 сказал:

Are you using Open Beta? I cannot check in Stable as I do not use it and would suggest using Open beta.

Stable version. After pressing the start button, the debriefing window immediately appears. I'll try to relaunch the campaign a little later.