Maverick polarity

Falconeer
Go to solution Solved by ASAP,

I noticed in the A10C 2 that when changing the polarity of the Maverick (with the boatswitch), only thing that changes is the color of the crosshair. The screen itself stays the same, unlike for example in the F-16 where you can clearly see the difference between W/hot-B/hot.

If i set TGP as SOI and change polarity, the screen changes from W/hot to B/hot

I tried with both the IR and TV guided versions. Is this intentional or is it a bug? If intentinonal, why is this different between the modules, since the weapon is exactly the same

Edited by Falconeer

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

• Solution

The maverick is always showing WHOT. The boat switch and the crosshairs are telling the missile if it’s looking for a hot object in a cold back ground (white crosshairs) or a cold object on a hot background (dark crosshairs)

Ok, this makes me wonder why it is different on like say a F-16 for example? The image will change by cycling w/hot, b/hot. 

Since the missile is exactly the same and the image you see in the cockpit is coming directly from the missiles seekerhead, should it change on the A10c aswell? Or shouldn't it change on the F16c?

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

12 hours ago, Falconeer said:

Ok, this makes me wonder why it is different on like say a F-16 for example? The image will change by cycling w/hot, b/hot. 

Since the missile is exactly the same and the image you see in the cockpit is coming directly from the missiles seekerhead, should it change on the A10c aswell? Or shouldn't it change on the F16c?

Fantastic question, I don't have the slightest idea how the F-16 does it. Any Viper SMEs out there know anything about how it works in that jet? Is the SIM inaccurate or does the jet do some simple image processing to invert the video to black hot?