Performance difference same Mission Singleplayer/Multiplayer

McDaniel

Hey Pilot's 

I know about the performance difference between SP vs MP, but I just can't deal with the Stutters, which are not GPU induced. So I tried and downloaded a heavy scripted multiplayer mission and used in Singleplayer...no surprise, absolutely smooth and stutter free.

If I play the same mission in multiplayer it's over with butter smooth...I know it's more demanding because of the other player's, but my GPU is at 45% with locked 60 fps, which never dip in MP. CPU between 14%-25% 

Are there any tweaks to make the multiplayer experience more smooth? Do I miss something here? Are the Stutters CPU induced or by lag from other players? 

Thank you 

McDan out

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

18 hours ago, McDaniel said:

Hey Pilot's 

I know about the performance difference between SP vs MP, but I just can't deal with the Stutters, which are not GPU induced. So I tried and downloaded a heavy scripted multiplayer mission and used in Singleplayer...no surprise, absolutely smooth and stutter free.

If I play the same mission in multiplayer it's over with butter smooth...I know it's more demanding because of the other player's, but my GPU is at 45% with locked 60 fps, which never dip in MP. CPU between 14%-25% 

Are there any tweaks to make the multiplayer experience more smooth? Do I miss something here? Are the Stutters CPU induced or by lag from other players? 

Thank you 

McDan out

just a suggestion. try the same mission on your PC as an MP instance.

there are a few different reasons the performance issues can show up. self GPU/CPU/RAM. which is not the case given your test. the amount of players on an MP server. loading as an MP server on your PC. can test this. or plain lag. this can also be tested.

Edited by silverdevil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Thank you, you mean I should start it like a server for myself? I guess 🤔, not like a single player mission. How can I test lag? 

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

1 hour ago, McDaniel said:

Thank you, you mean I should start it like a server for myself? I guess 🤔, not like a single player mission. How can I test lag? 

hello. yes you can run an MP server on your own PC and then test. this would test amount of people (only one) and lag. being local there would be no lag. many people do a local MP server because it uses another CPU thread to run MP server and then one for your actual client.

see this link. Flappy has some instructions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain