Winwing MFD's w/ screens

Moki

Hi all,

I am at a loss on what is going on with DCS and my Winwing MFD setup.  I used the Simpro app to setup my MFD's, established which screen goes on the left and right, have the drivers installed, the lua file it creates etc but when I go to login into DCS, as soon as I get to the main screen it just completely goes white.  The very first time I got it to work, I didn't have this problem and didn't do anything different the next day.  I have no idea what is going on and not sure if anyone else has had the same issue. 

For those you may wish to know I have a Ryzen 9 CPU, NVIDIA 2070 Super, 32GB of RAM. 

1 hour ago, Moki said:

Hi all,

I am at a loss on what is going on with DCS and my Winwing MFD setup.  I used the Simpro app to setup my MFD's, established which screen goes on the left and right, have the drivers installed, the lua file it creates etc but when I go to login into DCS, as soon as I get to the main screen it just completely goes white.  The very first time I got it to work, I didn't have this problem and didn't do anything different the next day.  I have no idea what is going on and not sure if anyone else has had the same issue. 

For those you may wish to know I have a Ryzen 9 CPU, NVIDIA 2070 Super, 32GB of RAM. 

Never used those in particular, but when doing exports—did you set the monitor type to the correct one—set the resolution manually for total screen size to include those screens—and also disable full screen mode? Down a bit in the forums under “multi-display bugs” the first pinned post is a guide to setting up external mfd’s. Give it a read or two, it may help with a missed step when it comes to get the exported displays to show correctly. You may be able to skip simapp-pro all together and just export them natively.. not sure if the osb buttons need simapp to function, or if they can be manually bound. I’d bet there’s more than one way to get it done.

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

11 minutes ago, MadKreator said:

Never used those in particular, but when doing exports—did you set the monitor type to the correct one—set the resolution manually for total screen size to include those screens—and also disable full screen mode? Down a bit in the forums under “multi-display bugs” the first pinned post is a guide to setting up external mfd’s. Give it a read or two, it may help with a missed step when it comes to get the exported displays to show correctly. You may be able to skip simapp-pro all together and just export them natively.. not sure if the osb buttons need simapp to function, or if they can be manually bound. I’d bet there’s more than one way to get it done.

I have my Nvidia surround make my triple montiors into one, I think it came out to be 7600X1440.  When the MFDs added, it changed to 7680Xwhatever it was.  So that part seems to work, I havent tried disabling full screen mode, so I can give that a try. Simapp created a LUA to reflect the MFDs added to my screen size, so I can take another look at that too.  I appreciate the help, I am going to look at the guide and see if I cant figure this out.

Also side note, I saw a previous post of yours about moving the Comm menu to the middle of the screen.  I need to work on that too ha. 

58 minutes ago, Moki said:

I have my Nvidia surround make my triple montiors into one, I think it came out to be 7600X1440.  When the MFDs added, it changed to 7680Xwhatever it was.  So that part seems to work, I havent tried disabling full screen mode, so I can give that a try. Simapp created a LUA to reflect the MFDs added to my screen size, so I can take another look at that too.  I appreciate the help, I am going to look at the guide and see if I cant figure this out.

Also side note, I saw a previous post of yours about moving the Comm menu to the middle of the screen.  I need to work on that too ha. 

I’m not entirely sure how to work with nvidia surround. That might be pard of the complication, There was another user that posted, I believe a month or so ago, having the same quirk using triples plus the mfd’s..Might do some digging in display sections and see if you can find that post. I didn’t follow it through so I’m not sure what the outcome was. 

Moving the comm menu is awesome! You can move the other dialog boxes as well. I will link to the post.

Edited by MadKreator

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

5 hours ago, Moki said:

Haven't seen the issue, but the fact you are using triple monitor into one could be playing.  Did you check your Windows display settings to make sure that it's still how you had it set (Windows has been known to reset it, esp. if if you're on Win 11).  Also check in SimAppPro to MFD's tab and make sure everything is good. Worth resending the setup from there to see if that helps.

I appreciate everyone's feedback and help.  I did a complete uninstall of DCS and simapp to start over. I will have to check it out tomorrow to see if everything is correct.  As far as I know, the last time I was working on my displays everything was correct but will double check and make sure they are close as possible and no gap.  My luck its probably something extremely simple I am missing lol.