FOV for each aircraft HELP

Menessis

I'm trying to setup the FOV (not zoom or Snap Views) for each aircraft.  The goal is to be able to smoothly see the cockpit correctly using my TIR .  I get it looking good but can't seem to save it. 

R CTRL + Pause Break brings up the specs on screen.  The FOV value there doesn't change as I make realtime changes.  So I guess I'm missing something here.

I hope there is a solution!

Thanks

Menissis

28 minutes ago, Menessis said:

I'm trying to setup the FOV (not zoom or Snap Views) for each aircraft.  The goal is to be able to smoothly see the cockpit correctly using my TIR .  I get it looking good but can't seem to save it. 

R CTRL + Pause Break brings up the specs on screen.  The FOV value there doesn't change as I make realtime changes.  So I guess I'm missing something here.

I hope there is a solution!

Thanks

Menissis

hello. i also use TIR. every time i get into AC i center TIR and the view is slightly farther away from HUD than what i consider normal. i do a "Zoom normal" mapped to a joy hat and the FOV goes to what i expect. 

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

3 hours ago, Menessis said:

Hello Silver.  So Zoom Normal is the num pad enter.  Is this what you are talking about?

Menessis

hello. i just checked and it is indeed Numpad Enter. this screen shot is for F-16. also take a look at your SnapViews.lua in savedgames\dcs\config\view. there are sections for each AC. you could rename this file and it should get created. not sure. i am attaching mine for comparison.

SnapViews.lua

image.png

Edited by silverdevil

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain