Recurring crashes

DrSparrius
Go to solution Solved by silverdevil,

Hello,

I have just about had it with these CTDs now. Approximately 10-15 minutes into any flying (note! I may spend any amount of time on the ground, not flying, without having a CTD), I will invariably run into a CTD. The CTD appears different from time to time, sometimes there is a simple CTD without any preceding symptoms and sometimes my monitor goes into standby mode and the sound repeats for a few seconds, before I am returned to the desktop, with DCS gone. The game runs smoothly before the CTD and I usually run on lower settings (reflecting my hardware, see below). Last summer I noted the CTDs tended to happen on the busier multiplayer servers, and in particular (for some reason) around the Forrestal Class carrier. I also had issues with long loading times, stuttering and general instability. Back then, DCS was installed on an HDD, so I bought and installed an SSD towards the end of the summer and subsequently reinstalled the game on the SSD. The CTDs vanished, as did the stuttering, and the load times improved by several orders of magnitude. However, a couple of patches in, towards november I think, the CTDs returned. There is no stuttering or any other issues, however. 

I'm running on a rather old (prebuilt MSI Codex) system:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 

Intel Core i7 8700K CPU @ 3.70 GHz 3.70 GHz

16 GB RAM

MSI Z730-A PRO motherboard

I have attached the two most recent crash reports. Note that I couldn't find the .log file, only the .crash file, for the most recent crash on january 27. There are several entries of "access violation" in the crash files in general, there is another .crash file from january 10 saying # C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00007FFECE9FFD91 00:00000000 instead of at EAD5F8F1.

dcs.20230127-190152.crash dcs.log-20230110-222319.zip

40 minutes ago, DrSparrius said:

Hello,

I have just about had it with these CTDs now. Approximately 10-15 minutes into any flying (note! I may spend any amount of time on the ground, not flying, without having a CTD), I will invariably run into a CTD. The CTD appears different from time to time, sometimes there is a simple CTD without any preceding symptoms and sometimes my monitor goes into standby mode and the sound repeats for a few seconds, before I am returned to the desktop, with DCS gone. The game runs smoothly before the CTD and I usually run on lower settings (reflecting my hardware, see below). Last summer I noted the CTDs tended to happen on the busier multiplayer servers, and in particular (for some reason) around the Forrestal Class carrier. I also had issues with long loading times, stuttering and general instability. Back then, DCS was installed on an HDD, so I bought and installed an SSD towards the end of the summer and subsequently reinstalled the game on the SSD. The CTDs vanished, as did the stuttering, and the load times improved by several orders of magnitude. However, a couple of patches in, towards november I think, the CTDs returned. There is no stuttering or any other issues, however. 

I'm running on a rather old (prebuilt MSI Codex) system:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 

Intel Core i7 8700K CPU @ 3.70 GHz 3.70 GHz

16 GB RAM

MSI Z730-A PRO motherboard

I have attached the two most recent crash reports. Note that I couldn't find the .log file, only the .crash file, for the most recent crash on january 27. There are several entries of "access violation" in the crash files in general, there is another .crash file from january 10 saying # C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00007FFECE9FFD91 00:00000000 instead of at EAD5F8F1.

dcs.20230127-190152.crash 1.23 kB · 4 downloads dcs.log-20230110-222319.zip 7.71 MB · 6 downloads

unfortunately it is best to have a DCS.LOG to review. the attached ZIP file is normally created with an iteration of the DCS.LOG file. it is missing from the ZIP.

try the steps per a post @Flappie made to another user with crashing.

21 hours ago, Flappie said:

Rename your "Saved Games\DCS" to DCS.backup (do NOT delete it).
If you have an internal GPU on your motherboard, disable it in BIOS.
Disable RAM XMP profile in BIOS.
Disable Aorus Graphics Engine autoscanning (auto OC).
Disable Corsair iCue.
Disable Asus GPU Tweak.
Remove GPU overclocking.
Set Windows power plan to "High performance" then turn everything to 100%.
Removed dust from CPU coooler
Try another PSU if you have one nearby.
Disable SSLR.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

20 minutes ago, DrSparrius said:

Oh okay. Here are the two most recent .log files then, I think! I mistakenly thought the .zips were what I was supposed to attach

dcs.log 237.37 kB · 2 downloads dcs.log.old 236.05 kB · 0 downloads

checking now!

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• Solution

hello @DrSparrius towards the end of the log before it crashed you have a bunch of 2023-01-27 19:01:49.736 ERROR   DX11BACKEND (11584): Failed to create shader resource view for coremods/aircraft/mirage-f1/liveries/mirage-f1eq/iriaf 3-6202 _ 2013 gray/miragef1-common_5_IRIAF_1_RoughMet.dds. Reason: Not enough memory resources are available to complete this operation. 

I would first set your pagefile static

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/196924-page-file-tip-by-mustang/

put 32768 in both boxes.

null

image.png