Marianas map in v2.8.2.35759: bad fps on west part of island

dutchili

nullWhen I look heading 240 from Anderson AFB, FPS drops.

See the FPS chart with dips and frametime spikes, versus 'constant FPS' for other directions

When flying around the island, the problem seems to occur from the center regions (hills) on the western part of the island. Especially the brownish ground elements on the hills.

image.png

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 11/16/2023 at 1:06 AM, Reflected said:

I agree. Now that I got VR it became really apparent that the performance over the Marianas is about half of any other maps. It could really use some optimization.

I have my settings set after Mariana’s meaning if it could be fixed I could tune my graphics higher. I fly with a 3080 and G2 goggles. 

I don't know, but my PC specs supposed to be good enough to run Marianas above 60~90 FPS with HP Reverb G2.

But I'm having low performance above the islands at low altitude.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.