Any update on Planned addition of Steerpoint Database ? Not in Roadmap

Shrike88

Greetings.  

Been a couple years from the update video from wags about the Steerpoint and Added Database Utilities.  Wondering if this is planned for anytime soon.  

We have the Datalink transfer, Markpoints, Bullz and Navpoints. as well as the MGRS conversions

Still wondering about 
31-54 - HSD Lines  (4 lines 6 points each line)

56-70 - Reserved for Pre Planned Threats
71-80 - Datalink Markpoints
81-89 - OPEN (used for storage of fix coordinates)
90-99 - OPEN (For AGM and storage) 

Not sure if that's accurate with our block however I would really like the HSD lines for boundaries and other information,  especially for use with the user made DTC utility that I have been using and is gaining traction in the community.  

Thanks

Shrike

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That functionality is included within the DTC functions that is on the roadmap. 

A few of them we sorta have already. The threat circles you see on the HSD, for example, are representative of Steerpoints 56-70, they are just auto-populated right now.

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2023 at 8:30 PM, Shrike88 said:

Greetings.  

Been a couple years from the update video from wags about the Steerpoint and Added Database Utilities.  Wondering if this is planned for anytime soon.  

We have the Datalink transfer, Markpoints, Bullz and Navpoints. as well as the MGRS conversions

Still wondering about 
31-54 - HSD Lines  (4 lines 6 points each line)

56-70 - Reserved for Pre Planned Threats
71-80 - Datalink Markpoints
81-89 - OPEN (used for storage of fix coordinates)
90-99 - OPEN (For AGM and storage) 

Not sure if that's accurate with our block however I would really like the HSD lines for boundaries and other information,  especially for use with the user made DTC utility that I have been using and is gaining traction in the community.  

Thanks

Shrike

Well, currently in DCS we have 700 steerpoints in the F-16. It must be some new M4 addition and I have no idea what all the new steerpoints are for. I think the M3 had like 127 steerpoints in total. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

• Thanks 1

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

10 hours ago, WHOGX5 said:

Well, currently in DCS we have 700 steerpoints in the F-16. It must be some new M4 addition and I have no idea what all the new steerpoints are for. I think the M3 had like 127 steerpoints in total. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

M4.2+ Should also have 127. It was increased to 999 in M5 

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2023 at 2:20 AM, llOPPOTATOll said:

M4.2+ Should also have 127. It was increased to 999 in M5 

So how come we have 699 steerpoints then? Some kind of interim upgrade?

• Thanks 1

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante