Unable to set DCS path

grim_reaper68

Hi
I'm discovering vaicom pro, i've watched tutorials, but i'couldn't set the dcs path. When i click on the SET button, it opens the folder browser, but i have only a desktop folder with some other folders below. No way to select the drive. Vaicom and voiceattack are up to date. 
You mean you can't browse to the correct folder?
Screenshot?

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

You might want to bring this up with the community developers on Discord. However if you can't solve the problem a work around is to make sure you have the correct path set in the relevant registry keys. If you do that then you don't need to set a custom path because VAICOM PRO looks for the registry entry. This assumes you are comfortable using the registry editor.

The relevant registry keys for Stable and Openbeta are as follows (edit the "data" to point to your DCS installations) ...

Key Name:          HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World
  Name:            Path
  Type:            REG_SZ
  Data:            C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

Key Name:          HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta
  Name:            Path
  Type:            REG_SZ
  Data:            D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

On 2/5/2023 at 10:51 AM, grim_reaper68 said:

Hi

I'm discovering vaicom pro, i've watched tutorials, but i'couldn't set the dcs path. When i click on the SET button, it opens the folder browser, but i have only a desktop folder with some other folders below. No way to select the drive. Vaicom and voiceattack are up to date. 

This is usually due to using OneDrive that 'hijacks' your correct file structure.
If you go to OneDrive options and unlink this PC it will give you the correct folder structure to find your DCS World folder

You can then relink the Onedrive folders once the path is set

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I am having the same issue.

I cannot find where I would put in a custom path? is that in DCS? Voice attack?

I have dcs on a second drive and have no registry entry as you show...

Mike

I am having the same issue.
I cannot find where I would put in a custom path? is that in DCS? Voice attack?

I have dcs on a second drive and have no registry entry as you show...

Mike
VAICOM control panel

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

oh....I'll look again.  One of those tabs I looked but not closely enough. Dealing with hardware issues. Great using my little free time to do some DCS flying and have nothing but issues with the friggen computer. Typing this on my MacBook.  

Having WINDoWS issues, I must have a hardware issue, maybe the Boot drive m2. SSD. is bad. Don't know.  Can't get the system to boot.

Going to pull video card, pull both SSD's and reinstall windows on a Spinning drive.

Pain in the ()&(*)&(* windows.

Mike

oh....I'll look again.  One of those tabs I looked but not closely enough. Dealing with hardware issues. Great using my little free time to do some DCS flying and have nothing but issues with the friggen computer. Typing this on my MacBook.  

Having WINDoWS issues, I must have a hardware issue, maybe the Boot drive m2. SSD. is bad. Don't know.  Can't get the system to boot.
Going to pull video card, pull both SSD's and reinstall windows on a Spinning drive.
Pain in the ()&(*)&(* windows.

Mike
Spinning drive? That'll be slow. Only for test purposes then I assume?

4 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Spinning drive? That'll be slow. Only for test purposes then I assume?

yes, I hear you. I had built two very similar systems for my kids about 7 years ago?   Starting with my own rig that I gave to them to use as they shift from Xbox to PC gaming.  I built the second one with the same MB, etc..   They got new Lap Tops two years ago which were better for gaming. So after a while I took my system back, installed a 4070ti video card and ended up reinstalling Win 11 on m.2 drive and put a second m.2 drive in for games.  Each 2 TB.   That system was always a bit off, slow booting, I just thought it was a bad drive, it ran but would take 20 minutes to boot. After the 'rebuild' it was very fast and worked great.  Recently as I got in to flying with DCS I started having odd behavior.  So it's problem has to be some bad piece of hardware, good luck figure out which? CPU? Memory? MB? Guessing MB.

Interestingly enough..TrackIR would NOT remember my chosen settings....I thought it simply did not, so had to reset every time......

So today as I TRIED finalized the settings in VAICOM, I could not get the thing to boot, unplugged everything, tried the Win 11 Thumb drive, fail, finally it booted after several resets but was just not working right. So I removed the M.2 drives, plugged in a spinning drive and attempted a fresh install of Win 11 on that drive, no soap. would not load the installation stuff.  Nothing....

Out of desperation I grabbed the other unused tower from the kids and moved the M.2 drives to it (left the old 1060 video card LOL) and the thing booted. Minor issue with MICROSUCK, had to connect to internet to 'retrieve my pin' etc.

Fired up Track IR and the MF thing remember my settings.

Fired up Voice Attack and then DCS, the the <profanity> hit the fan......could not log into my DCS Account.  Changed the password, swore a lot, I mean really a lot, saw the error code, looked on forum, For ()*&)(*&N SAKE the time on that PC was WRONG.  The MF thing has been an issue for years, my son told me and I did not look into it.  Could not for the life of me figure out why it refuses to correct its time....so fixed that setting and SOAB it worked.  Fired up everything.  VAICOM saw the plane type, and then I ran into the other snag.....the front HeadJack input on this machine apparently never worked, the head phone yes, microphone no......so after screwing around with that I gave up. I could not test the VAICOM because my mic would not work.  SO frustrating. LOL

Tomorrow, I tear both down, and build one good one, hoping the Front IO works after I move that mother board.....other box has much better power supply, and is a much nicer case. so moving MB.  

I'll get a new MB at some point with a faster processor, but I was having no issue with this Ryzen 5000 I have with DCS as the Graphics card does the heavy lifting.

This just takes all the fun out of trying to have some fun....better off just staying at work.

Mike

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz passed my bedtime......

• Like 1

yes, I hear you. I had built two very similar systems for my kids about 7 years ago?   Starting with my own rig that I gave to them to use as they shift from Xbox to PC gaming.  I built the second one with the same MB, etc..   They got new Lap Tops two years ago which were better for gaming. So after a while I took my system back, installed a 4070ti video card and ended up reinstalling Win 11 on m.2 drive and put a second m.2 drive in for games.  Each 2 TB.   That system was always a bit off, slow booting, I just thought it was a bad drive, it ran but would take 20 minutes to boot. After the 'rebuild' it was very fast and worked great.  Recently as I got in to flying with DCS I started having odd behavior.  So it's problem has to be some bad piece of hardware, good luck figure out which? CPU? Memory? MB? Guessing MB.
Interestingly enough..TrackIR would NOT remember my chosen settings....I thought it simply did not, so had to reset every time......
So today as I TRIED finalized the settings in VAICOM, I could not get the thing to boot, unplugged everything, tried the Win 11 Thumb drive, fail, finally it booted after several resets but was just not working right. So I removed the M.2 drives, plugged in a spinning drive and attempted a fresh install of Win 11 on that drive, no soap. would not load the installation stuff.  Nothing....
Out of desperation I grabbed the other unused tower from the kids and moved the M.2 drives to it (left the old 1060 video card LOL) and the thing booted. Minor issue with MICROSUCK, had to connect to internet to 'retrieve my pin' etc.
Fired up Track IR and the MF thing remember my settings.
Fired up Voice Attack and then DCS, the the hit the fan......could not log into my DCS Account.  Changed the password, swore a lot, I mean really a lot, saw the error code, looked on forum, For ()*&)(*&N SAKE the time on that PC was WRONG.  The MF thing has been an issue for years, my son told me and I did not look into it.  Could not for the life of me figure out why it refuses to correct its time....so fixed that setting and SOAB it worked.  Fired up everything.  VAICOM saw the plane type, and then I ran into the other snag.....the front HeadJack input on this machine apparently never worked, the head phone yes, microphone no......so after screwing around with that I gave up. I could not test the VAICOM because my mic would not work.  SO frustrating. LOL
Tomorrow, I tear both down, and build one good one, hoping the Front IO works after I move that mother board.....other box has much better power supply, and is a much nicer case. so moving MB.  
I'll get a new MB at some point with a faster processor, but I was having no issue with this Ryzen 5000 I have with DCS as the Graphics card does the heavy lifting.
This just takes all the fun out of trying to have some fun....better off just staying at work.
Mike
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz passed my bedtime......
Ouch! Well, best of luck. Remember to do the Microsoft Speech Recognition training a couple of times, or VoiceAttack might not work adequately.
Cheers!

Rig all up and running with 'new' motherboard.  Works normally LOL.

And.....after doing an update on SRS, got SRS working with Voice Attack. (opted for separate PTT buttons for real voice).  Now have to fine tune Windows speech recognition and learn the proper commands.  

Mike

• Like 1