First impressions

Swson

Impressive for a first campaign

As many AH-64 missions found on the ED site, they are too much long, particularly when you fly in VR. At least the first one from the Tarawa.

Hopefully it has been added subsidiary helos with hot start... thank you

I must admit that this is realistic however entering TG manually in VR is tedious specially when you restart a mission 2 or 3 times. It would have been nice providing a kind of auto loaded cartridge of targets.

I was obliged to play several time the first mission because my AI Georges was unable killing the city's targets.He finds them lases them shoot but the missile never hit and looks like diseapearing.

I was obliged taking manually the CPG to get full result. After that the ART in the mountain was unable to be killed by me. I found them, saw them lased them but the missile never reached them while however very visible and measured on TADS.Perhaps needs firing in loft ???? Making then hidden in the mountain is not very realistic for such heavy vehicles even if a high point is generally good for arty.

I will try the other missions soon but 80mn or 100mn in VR is painfull for the eyes. I will prbably need to go back to my trackIR that is a pity for the immersion.

Ha also, having worked in UAE with Apache pilots, the voices and discussion contents are not very good....Adding some music could also be nice (on purpose...)

Edited by Swson
  • Thanks 1

Today I made missions 2 and 3 and I have quite the same remarks as for mission 1. In mission 2 cold start part is ok but hot start part from the ship is way to long doing nothing from 45km to join the Farp or I did not understood the purpose ?? What usefulness of created WP? Not very clear in the briefing, I will double or triple check however 

At least , a real dialog with ATC using F10 and delivering timing info or corrections would be useful.

Introducing radio frequencies at least in the P list would have sense in place of entering them manually which is a waste of time and very repetitive. One time is good in first mission but then….

for mission 3 in the dust I didn’t understood either. It exists a route displayed on TDS but saber 3.1 order to follow him finding Humvee on the highway and draw you 50km away from the TDS route….Did I take off too early? I effectively seen Humvee but quite close from the base however saber 3.1 flew right ahead 

In the vocal exchanges it is suggested to not occupy the CPG seat that is supposed eating pop corns. With difficult weather it looks particularly hard piloting, aiming,  and firing from the pilot seat.

Also it is not realistic using a laser weapon system in this kind of weather nor to take off with 16 Hellfire……..This is a time at least for the Longbow and RFi and RF Hellfire not yet implemented.

I also suggest to look how the Red flight Nevada M2000C campaign is realized. Briefing are very much detailed and report to extensive and very detailed maps and informations numerous pages in the description area. The AH-64  campaign has very limited info in the description area, evrithing is grouped on the right side and merged among the story. It misses also a synthetic mission page grouping all radio frequencies, callsigns, waypoints position, timing to start, taxi, take off, reaching WP etc etc like it is well done in the M2000C campaign. 
briefing is the essential part of the mission and particularly for helos where a sat map view would also be very helpful with major points and hazard indicated as well as suggested speed and altitude

i mean having info on a kneeboard is nice but better to know what are accurately the elements and aims before the mission than during the mission or at least a PDF of the kneeboard content because this one is not accessible before entering the A/C.

I understand the progressive introduction of that could be considered as training (in mission 2) but so why putting obstacles in the up wind route to a very tiny landing zone in the Farp WP3 making the landing very difficult? At least the mission 2 would had better had to be placed as the mission 1 with taking off from ship and landing on earth then mission 1 as mission 2 with taking off from earth and a beginning of firing some steal  but with less hidden targets than the existing ones.

Progressive difficulties necessary mastering this complex A/C.

Thank you for your efforts anyway

Edited by Swson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 часов назад, VDV сказал:

what exactly i need to do in mission 2 when take of from the ship and put the coordinates??? need more info pls...

You need to approach the AH-64 Saber 3-1 that is orbiting above the ship. After that, you just keep flying as a wingman, flying the Saber 3-1 all the time.

Here, please take the mission plan - for a more convenient game

Stone Sky, if I choose to take of from the ground, should I land to WP3 too (like saber 3-1) or just orbiting. Im asking u that because I play like GPC only and its extremely hard to make my stupid George AI to land exactly in that marked point at WP3...Thats why i skipped this and decided to take off from the ship.

I suppose you need to make a campaign playable as CPG only, because im sure that not only I prefer to fly like CPG.

Edited by VDV
  • Like 1

7 часов назад, VDV сказал:

Stone Sky, if I choose to take of from the ground, should I land to WP3 too (like saber 3-1) or just orbiting. Im asking u that because I play like GPC only and its extremely hard to make my stupid George AI to land exactly in that marked point at WP3...Thats why i skipped this and decided to take off from the ship.

I suppose you need to make a campaign playable as CPG only, because im sure that not only I prefer to fly like CPG.

I myself really like to fly a helicopter from the CPG seat! It's a very cool experience!
No, you don't need to board the ship if you start the mission from the beginning.
Checkpoint on the ship - only to not appear in the air. For best stability.
Have a good game! And thanks for your feedback!

10 часов назад, VDV сказал:

Thank you, but i ve noticed that there are not any "MISSION SUCCESSFUL" inscriptions after finish the mission, i think that u need to create it.

MISSION COMLETED - inscription is. In each mission.
After landing, and the report of the crew on turning off the engines and systems.
If you have, please send the track, or just describe in more detail.

Edited by STONE SKY
  • Like 2