Training Missions for the BAAS Sk.60 aircraft Mod

Hello,

I've been enjoying the great Mod developed by the BAAS group and Fredrik [Breadmaker], of the swedish Saab Sk.60 trainer, and as a way to better learn it I edited a few training missions for it.

Download link: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3329082/

Before downloading, you can check these missions walkthrough videos, to get an idea on how they work:

M01 Cold Start, Taxi & Take-Off

The mission has random background air traffic, and so it is sometimes subject to accidents caused by the clumsy AI, but they don't affect the mission workings.

M02  Visual Circuit Landing & Shutdown.

Instead of the typical straight-in landing usually done on training missions, I went for the more challenging Break and circuit landing .. it may take a couple of tries to sucessfully complete this part of the training 🙂

M05 Gun Straffing

The weapons training make use of another Mod, but hey, I figured that if you are flying a Mod aircraft then you are not afraid of Mods and so should have no trouble installing the famous 476th VFG Range Objects Mod, you can download it from this link:

https://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=287

It's a great Mod and its authors have kept it updated over the years, wish it were a built-in part of DCS. It allows me to build a Weapons range like this:

KqDpe5z.jpg

The Mod makes use of a Script, created by @Ciribob, of Simple Radio fame, which allows gunnery accuracy statistics, like this:

jjWID0B.jpg

M06 Rockets Attacks

Similar to M05, but using unguided rockets, it also makes use of the Range Script:

FMbkDAg.jpg

You can get the Sk.60 aircraft Mod at this link:

https://github.com/Breadmaker91/DCS-SK60-Mod/releases/tag/v1.0.0

And here is the developer's Discord:  https://discord.gg/fSYxpypz

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
Added download link
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

3 hours ago, an-dre-as said:
In the first mission (M01 Cold Start, Taxi & Take-Off), Ihave a white square across the screen, so I can not fly it.
I dont know its only me or only on my system?!

I'm so sorry, it was a fault of mine 😚  ... I was experimenting with placing a transparent mission tittle but by mistake did it on the final version of the mission instead of on the test version. Here is the correct mission and I will fix the one at User files in a minute:

Sk60 - Training - M01 Cold Start (by Rudel_chw).miz

Thanks a lot for letting me know. 🙂

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 year later...

Hi @Rudel_chw, thanks for these, you're a huge asset to the 'community module'...well, community!

I was holding off on the SK60 until the FM update which dropped a couple of days ago, and it's downloading right now 🙂 I note it includes your Taxi/Takeoff and Landing/shutdown tutorials already. Does it miss out the weapons tutorials because they rely on the Range Objects Mod? Looking forward to getting stuck in 🙂

Nah, I've only just met 'er...:pilotfly:

1 hour ago, Tonker said:

Hi @Rudel_chw, thanks for these, you're a huge asset to the 'community module'...well, community!

Hi, thanks a lot for the kind words.

1 hour ago, Tonker said:

I was holding off on the SK60 until the FM update which dropped a couple of days ago, and it's downloading right now 🙂 

thanks for the heads-up, didnt knew that the Sk-60 had a new version, will check it tonight 👍

1 hour ago, Tonker said:

I note it includes your Taxi/Takeoff and Landing/shutdown tutorials already. Does it miss out the weapons tutorials because they rely on the Range Objects Mod?

Yes, I can imagine that the Mod developer didn’t want users getting confused when the mission’s didn’t load because they have not installed the range Mod. Pity that DCS does not have those objects built-in 😞 

• Like 1

concur. I Just checked them last night.

@Rudel_chw - great work as usual.

PC specs:

Intel Core i7-13700K [Raptor Lake 3.4GHz Sixteen-Core LGA 1700] (stock clock)/64.0 GB RAM/RTX 3080 GPU (stock clock)/Windows 10 Home/SSD Drives/T.Flight HOTAS X/HP Reverb G2