How to force a weapon to use a specific skin on a specific plane. Sorry if this is a duplicate post.

Hi,

Total noob to modding DCS (not texturing) and I have this problem where I go an retexture a missile it (and make required .luas etc to make it work) it overrides existing textures ingame for the missile (I know the livery approach but the texture resets to it's original one after release so theres that).

The question is: is there a way to make a skin, for example for the AIM-120C that only loads on one plane?

42 minutes ago, BlitzFromBehind said:

Hi,

Total noob to modding DCS (not texturing) and I have this problem where I go an retexture a missile it (and make required .luas etc to make it work) it overrides existing textures ingame for the missile (I know the livery approach but the texture resets to it's original one after release so theres that).

The question is: is there a way to make a skin, for example for the AIM-120C that only loads on one plane?

I use Ovgme to enable textures in my ordenance, but you can copy the weapon liverie to one aircraft liverie of your choice (and add the .lua file description) but as soon they leave the aircraft they change to default. There´s no other way, it´s hardcoded by ED.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

5 minutes ago, fagulha said:

I use Ovgme to enable textures in my ordenance, but you can copy the weapon liverie to one aircraft liverie of your choice (and add the .lua file description) but as soon they leave the aircraft they change to default. There´s no other way, it´s hardcoded by ED.

Apparently you can re-declare .edms to use different texture args (basically make it a "new" weapon). Trying to figure out another way to do this as in limit the aircraft it applies to (for example limit the retex to that mods folder). I wish we had a liveries folder for weapons so that we can limit ordnance colors on a per plane basis (that stay retextured after launch).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BlitzFromBehind said:

Apparently you can re-declare .edms to use different texture args (basically make it a "new" weapon). Trying to figure out another way to do this as in limit the aircraft it applies to (for example limit the retex to that mods folder). I wish we had a liveries folder for weapons so that we can limit ordnance colors on a per plane basis (that stay retextured after launch).

If you figure it out in a near future please say/post here.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

11 minutes ago, BlitzFromBehind said:

Will do

Thank you.