Add capability to allow Joysticks to control Mounted Guns on Tanks, Technicals and anything with a turret or gun, Multi-seat perhaps too?

hannibal

currently building and sharing info on building a joystick  version 2 , that is a device resembling a gun turret.

my first version is successfully functional for the DCS Huey UH1H doorgun because it has everything needed in the codebase for it to function

(i.e. player view decoupled from the gun axis, AND joysticks assignable to the gun axis.)

WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE these conditions working in Combine Arms

Wish list is to operate M2 Browning on an M1A1 abrams...or even a Kord on a technical..

Even better, have vehicles to be multiseat...

Dream would be to play in VR with buddy driving me around while i use joystick controlled turret gun, mounted gun trying to shoot down DCS players in aircraft modules!

Edited by hannibal
  • Like 4

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

• 4 months later...
21 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Hi @hannibal. I see Combined Arms already has "Rotate turret" and "Turret elevation" axis controls. I'll ask for the missing "Uncoupled aiming On/Off" command.

yes! if uncoupled aiming was working, it is a step toward interesting play experience should VR support be implemented! 

probably VR support more needed than this, but options are good, if dev's man power and time allows it..

thanks for passing word to devs.. 

appreciated u looking at all DCS users issues and wishes!

Edited by hannibal
  • Like 2

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179