TS-11 Iskra module for DCS

Just wanna let you people know there's a new DCS module coming up.

It's a Polish TS-11 Iskra (spark)

Check out this Facebook group to find out everything about it.

https://www.facebook.com/Ts11forDCS

TS 11 STAGE 1
https://youtu.be/96wqdzJ4XCY

FB_IMG_16767243404657482.jpg

FB_IMG_16767243459133282.jpg

FB_IMG_16767243328961174.jpg

FB_IMG_16767243369885804.jpg

If you wanna know more abaut TS-11 Iskra itself have a look here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PZL_TS-11_Iskra

some real footage of Iskra
https://youtu.be/UrLpLfr3gms

https://youtu.be/sghIr9kmYW0

Edited by Hycel
  • Like 10

11 hours ago, Stratos said:

I like what I see, but I would prefer a MOD over a module, as I'm not willing to purchase another trainer, but will surely fly If is released as a MOD.

Understandable viewpoint.

My perspective: this is the first trainer-type that I'd want to buy.  That may be because this isn't a training variant, but there it is.

10 hours ago, Citizen said:

Understandable viewpoint.

My perspective: this is the first trainer-type that I'd want to buy.  That may be because this isn't a training variant, but there it is.

Is indeed a strange version. Is a single seater, with fixed gun but very limited a-g ordinance and no a-a at all. With a bit more punch would be a very interesting COIN aircraft, but now is very very limited.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

On 3/7/2023 at 3:12 AM, Stratos said:

Is indeed a strange version. Is a single seater, with fixed gun but very limited a-g ordinance and no a-a at all. With a bit more punch would be a very interesting COIN aircraft, but now is very very limited.

Weirdly, I think that's what's so attractive about it.  Hunting light vehicles and troops in this thing sounds like a blast and probably more fun than spending half an hour looking down at contacts on an MFD.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Citizen said:

Weirdly, I think that's what's so attractive about it.  Hunting light vehicles and troops in this thing sounds like a blast and probably more fun than spending half an hour looking down at contacts on an MFD.

I love COIN, but the Iskra modelled can carry only, a type of bombs, a type of rocket pods and a type of gun, is limited in my POV.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/11/2023 at 5:12 AM, Stratos said:

I love COIN, but the Iskra modelled can carry only, a type of bombs, a type of rocket pods and a type of gun, is limited in my POV.

My argument would be that it this produces a different experience:

Taking out one or two truck or an artillery position becomes an accomplishment in a way that it could never be if you were flying an A-10 or an AH-64... one feels ever gun round and every trigger press that much more... and conducting COIN against a small enemy force (e.g. a few technicals and a BRDM in a scouting troop) makes it that much more intense. Impacts are smaller but more meaningful.

It is a bit like flying a Gazelle or an OH-58 in the COIN role (i.e. a fixed gun with limited ammunition and seven to eight rocket rounds)... one has to design the missions around the more limited firepower, but it can actually be a lot more satisfying.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

My argument would be that it this produces a different experience:

Taking out one or two truck or an artillery position becomes an accomplishment in a way that it could never be if you were flying an A-10 or an AH-64... one feels ever gun round and every trigger press that much more... and conducting COIN against a small enemy force (e.g. a few technicals and a BRDM in a scouting troop) makes it that much more intense. Impacts are smaller but more meaningful.

It is a bit like flying a Gazelle or an OH-58 in the COIN role (i.e. a fixed gun with limited ammunition and seven to eight rocket rounds)... one has to design the missions around the more limited firepower, but it can actually be a lot more satisfying.

I agree in that COIN can be very satisfactory If the mission is well designed, as is a totally different experience from the hi tech jets.

• Like 1

I'm curious if it can carry rockets and bombs at the same time... if so it'll be a bit more flexible than the Tornado or the Viggen (albeit with the bombs consisting of a couple of FAB-100s... but if one aims well I suppose it'd still work)!

I rather like the forward view - very good for an aircraft of its era. It might be the first trainer I get.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2023 at 6:00 PM, Avimimus said:

Taking out one or two truck or an artillery position becomes an accomplishment in a way that it could never be if you were flying an A-10 or an AH-64... 

I guess that sums up its combat capabilities...😫

I recently saw a 1/72 scale model of this plane in polish schemes for airforce and navy. Its a really cool looking plane. Like a skinny L-29. Only weapons Ive seen on these is cannons and maybe rocket pods.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/2/2023 at 5:51 PM, minar said:

I recently saw a 1/72 scale model of this plane in polish schemes for airforce and navy. Its a really cool looking plane. Like a skinny L-29. Only weapons Ive seen on these is cannons and maybe rocket pods.

Angry tadpole.

It looks like all four underwing hardpoints can be used (e.g. for a 12.7mm machine gun, a 100kg bomb, or Mars-4 with 8xS-5 57mm rockets). So that is a total of four 0.50 cal, four bombs, 32 rockets - or some combination. I'm not sure if any other options exist, but it definitely looks like light bombs and gunpods as well as rockets.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...