disconnect rudder channel from nose gear button?

A friend of mine in the Russian Airforce (boom!) told me that the Su-25A has an independent flight control channel they use to disconnect the rudder from the nose gear when they do the wipe before taxiing I wonder why Eagle Dynamics in all their might didn't add such an important basic realistic feature to the plane that has an advanced flight model🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

A friend of mine in the Russian Airforce (boom!) told me that the Su-25A has an independent flight control channel they use to disconnect the rudder from the nose gear when they do the wipe before taxiing I wonder why Eagle Dynamics in all their might didn't add such an important basic realistic feature to the plane that has an advanced flight model
And toe brakes...

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 1:00 PM, MAXsenna said:

And toe brakes...

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Well that too.. but I guess people would like it more than others and cut their sales. Its a double edged sword

• Like 1

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 5 weeks later...

I asked for both NWD disconnect option and differential/proportional gear brakes before 😞

Su-25 has a narrow wheel track width and a short wheelbase for what it weighs. Soft suspension, high CoG and broad wing’s make it susceptible to body rolls leading to wingstrikes on ground. I burned so many frames on this but finally figured out the crosswind landings and takeoffs like a true sim pilot should:

During the take off roll, keep the stick all the way back until nose gear lifts off the ground. Then quickly relieve the pressure to maintain about 10  degrees pitch up attitude until the mains unstick. Ficus on maintaining centreline with rudders and keep wings level using aileron. Getting used to cross controls take som time, I suggest using a curve of 30 for the rudder axis. Use full flaps as always. 

Landing is the same, just configure earlier. Rudder into wind to maintain runway centerline. Keep 10 AoA until crossing the threshold, then increase AoA to yellow band while slowing down to ~220 ish. Trim up while slowing down, and keep the nose gear off the ground as long as you can after mains touch the ground. Around 150 nose comes down with stick all the way back, deploy chute and vacate on first exit like a champ 🙌

16 hours ago, Maxthrust said:

During the take off roll, keep the stick all the way back until nose gear lifts off the ground.

Nose lift off usually happens around 280km/h, so no need to yank the stick before 250kph IMHO.

i5-4690K CPU 3.50Ghz @ 4.10GHz; 32GB DDR3 1600MHz; GeForce GTX 1660 Super; LG IPS225@1920x1080; Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB; Windows 10 Pro

I dont think you should let the speed drop below 230 kmh unless you are asking for a crash.  Check my humble tutorial here