Mission 11 not launching off the cat

RimanDk
Go to solution Solved by Jayhawk1971,

I go through the cutscene, load into the Tomcat on the catapult, get the magazine.

The call to scramble and launch comes in, the magazine goes away and... that's it. Nothing more happens. Am I missing something?

I have tried closing the canopy manually, but to no avail. Paco never launches, the dialog with Chig never triggers. I'm just stuck.

I have tried both MT and regular and it's the same with either.

Help? 😃

• Solution

How long did you wait? "Never" is a very relative term. It's called "Alert 5" for a reason. 😉

I've played this mission 4 times now (probably my favorite out of the Marianas part of the campaign), and I launched every time. Twice with MT. It just takes a couple of minutes from signal to actual launch. After the helicopter takes off, the launch sequence starts. 

18 hours ago, Reflected said:

Wait until the ship turns into the wind and Paco launches. Once Paco launches you can launch too. After the magazine is put away you close the canopy and the convo begins. 

do you have any mods installed?

I waited about 3-4 mins. I didn't notice any change of direction in the ship and the conversation never triggered regardless of whether I closed the canopy or not.

I have a couple of mods installed:

• A-4
  • T-45
  • F-22
  • Bronco
  • Blackhawk
  • English cockpit for the Viggen
  • Community keybinds

19 hours ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

How long did you wait? "Never" is a very relative term. It's called "Alert 5" for a reason. 😉

I've played this mission 4 times now (probably my favorite out of the Marianas part of the campaign), and I launched every time. Twice with MT. It just takes a couple of minutes from signal to actual launch. After the helicopter takes off, the launch sequence starts. 

I haven't noticed a helicopter launch yet. I'll try again and pay attention to it - thanks!

Edited by RimanDk
  • Like 1