CH controller issues

StrayWolf

OK...finally decided to purchase and download BS. Everything looked good until I realized that I could not fly the darned chopper.

I have already messed around with the Axis Commands, etc and for some odd reason I cannot get the collective to work. Its as if the autopilot is stuck. I have tried the key commands as well as clicking on the in-cockpit buttons to completely disable the auto-pilot...to no avail. The bird will hold altitude and not do anything.

This happens in realistic flight mode, as well as in casual flight mode.

Can somebody please tell me what the heck is wrong with the controllers?

Controllers have been auto-detected and calibrated under Windows.

Thx.

Windows 10 Pro | i5-8600K | MSI Tomahawk Z370 | 48GB DDR4-3000 A-DATA (LED) | EVGA Superclocked 2 GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | 256GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | 512GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | HP Omen 32" 2560x1440 | Thrustmaster Warthog, CH Pedals Oculus Rift S VR

Figured it out. Please ignore...

Windows 10 Pro | i5-8600K | MSI Tomahawk Z370 | 48GB DDR4-3000 A-DATA (LED) | EVGA Superclocked 2 GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | 256GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | 512GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | HP Omen 32" 2560x1440 | Thrustmaster Warthog, CH Pedals Oculus Rift S VR

Not the best idea when it comes to CH Products. You should use Control Manager to calibrate your devices.

OK, I will give that a try. Never had any issues under LOMAC.

Anyways, DCS:BS is going to force me to buy the CH Products pedals... :music_whistling:

Hi,

I also have an annoying issue with CH input devices.

Every time I start a mission I have to push a few buttons on my CH MFP, and also on the throttle.

I guess I need to push at least one button on every virtual device I created with the Control Manager.

If I don't do that, as soon as I push one button the cyclic goes in the upper left position and stays there until I touch the joystick.

I have five virtual joysticks seen by Black Shark (because I needed more then 3*32 Direct X buttons (Stick, throttle and MFP) I can get from Windows to map all the functions).

I don't map keyboard characters or macros on the input devices. Thats because pushing more then one button the same time can have unexpected results. I assigned all the DirectX buttons in Blackshark and cleared all other functions.

I don't have a clue why that happens. Sometimes I forget to push the buttons before I start the engines and the helicopter flips over when I push a button if I am not fast enaugh to pull the stick.

Greetings,

Manuel

AMD Phenom 2 X4 955BE @ 3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P

ATI Radeon 4890 1024MB, 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM

TrackIR 4, Windows 7 x64

Very, very cool! Thanks for providing this link. Now, as soon as I can get DCS:BS working again I will reconfigure the controllers. :noexpression:

Hi,

thanks for the link. I did almost the same thing like he did in the tutorial. I will look over it when I am back home and start from the scratch.

Greets,

Manuel

TrackIR 4, Windows 7 x64

Problem solved. Make sure to clear every input devices profile in Black Shark input configuration. Especially the axis settings on devices with no axis.

By default every device has an X,Y and Z axis assigned. Thats why my cylcic went wild if i pressed a key on the mfp.

TrackIR 4, Windows 7 x64