dggoofy

1 hour ago, LuseKofte said:

It will not show up. I extracted the file to DCS/mods/campaign

user campaigns go into /saved games/dcs/missions/campaigns/en/

Create a separate subfolder for each campaign, like this:

GMuoH61.jpg

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 months later...

After I figured my initial problem out (My collective didn't go to full zero), I almost managed to pass first mission.

However, I ended up at the Hospital's parking area with broken helicopter...

Screen_240413_014401.png

SPOILERS AHEAD:

For some reason, the official helipad near Hospital didn't work, instead the landing operator (guy in white clothes) was standing at parking lot near by.

I managed to land there and patients from my helicopter were successfully transported to the truck and then to the hospital - however in that tight space I managed to hit a lamp with my main rotor...

Should it be that way? I was expecting that helipad would be the destination.

I had also some problems with first hospital, I had to land several times until it was registered.

Does the red circle on the F10 map designate the proper landing area or is it just some other dynamic mark that happens to be near landing area by accident?

1 hour ago, LuseKofte said:

I cannot get past second mission I do not understand what trigger I should get

I am was too. When coming to outpost 14, I switched to R-828 channel 1 and my pilot tried several times to contact outpost via radio. Then he just said 'That's a roger. 245.' - but I could not hear or see any messages that tells what to do..

Eventually I tried to land at that outpost, then I realized that there are also 14b and 14c nearby, flew to them and near one of them navigator yelled MANDPAD! and there was explosion really near.

Landed on that outpost and mission worked from that point onwards..

Until the famous exploding trucks.

I found trucks, reported them and then nothing so I was careful and after a quite long circling I realized that there was a makeshift helipad marked with a small flags. Landed there, picked up guys and some cargo, took of (away from trucks) and then everything exploded.

After the explosion, I got ton of messages concerning tripwired trucks - like that I had missed some trigger that would show them?

Too bad that there's some trigger problems as this is first campaign that I have for this map and campaign itself seems to be very interesting.

Edited by Usagi

15 hours ago, Usagi said:

Too bad that there's some trigger problems as this is first campaign that I have for this map and campaign itself seems to be very interesting.

Ok I too was testing out several pads. Same thing with the comms as you. 
First time I noticed a friendly car in a village I flew over. I did not see it in my second to fourth attempt. I figured I misunderstood and should have landed there 

To me these more civilian tasked campaigns are more valuable and challenging for being a chopper pilot than any action filled. So I am kind of upset not getting further. It is right in my alley

Edited by LuseKofte

• 2 weeks later...

Took me the better part of a year, and replacing my T.16000M with a VKB HOTAS, to get past the sling-loading exercise in the first mission! The various helipads are marked on the map but not labelled - when I landed at "the waterside hospital" helipad in Haifa and nothing happened, I thought they meant the harbour hospital near the heliport and set off in that direction... then remembered there was a orange circle waypoint marker on the Haifa harbour.

Thanks to the Enigma's Cold War server I know the Ctrl-F11 map trick (open the F10 map, zoom in on a point of interest, press Left Ctrl+F11, and you get a camera view of that location). So I did that on the orange circle / north Haifa coastal heliport and indeed, it's a car park with some figures and a non-scenery vehicle placed there, so I knew at that point it's where I'm expected to land!

• Like 1

Strange bug with the second mission - was RTB with the cat sat on my lap, but whenever I stopped petting the cat to put either hand on the controls, the cat would attack my HOTAS. Ended up crashing into a lamppost near the base...? 😄

More seriously I couldn't hear the responses from the area ATC on R-863 channel 3. Volume was set to max on the radio and the channel selector, but the three transmissions received (after taking off, at the start of RTB, on reaching the base) nothing was heard, no subtitle displayed, "Player" responds "That's a roger, 245". Possibly a radio realism thing - some of the audio for the other transmissions was faint, perhaps because of terrain between me and the transmitter?

Edit: the three transmissions from Miru-Mir are:

After taking off:

Spoiler

245, Miru-Mir. Roger, proceed as fragged.

On starting RTB:

Spoiler

Roger, 245. You are cleared RTB. Well done!

On reaching home base:

Spoiler

245, Roger, frequency change is approved. Have a nice evening.

Dispatch / Miru-Mir is actually a Humvee parked not far from the base - perhaps it needs to be somewhere with line of site to the base and to the mission area? I don't know much about mission design or scripting so it's insightful to see how it's done here. Also - should've led with this - I really enjoyed mission 2! Always good to be rewarded for having the headlight controls bound to the HOTAS 😄

Edited by TasDozer