Door Gunners & External Hardpoints

Why can I only use the two door gunners in the Mi-8 if External Hardpoints is checked? Makes no sense to me. I can only explain it by saying that the door gunners are set via the Pods menu item. And pods also run weapons like the grenade launcher, GUV-8700 or the UPK-23. It would be good if Belsimtech changed that. That you can also use the Door Gunner without External Hardpoints.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

I know that and it wasn't my question. My question was and is why you can only use the DoorGunner if the hardpoints are installed? As soon as the tick for external hardpoints is removed, the door gunners are also removed. Which, in my opinion, is nonsense. What do the external hardpoints have in common with the DoorGunner?

• Like 1

Have a picture for clarification, hopefully this helps.  The tick-boxes on the right are for forcing an aircraft or helicopter into civil-aviation mode, for an Aerobatics server for instance.  The weapon-station boxes for the Hip have the option to remove the pylons, while also allowing the left and rear gunner positions to be loaded.image.jpeg

Edited by Spanueh
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The doorgunners are a weapon system and hence, tied into the hardpoints.

Specifically, the doorgunners are treated as "hardpoints". So by selecting the "No hardpoints" you are basically deselecting doorgunners as well as they are treated as, well, hardpoints, same as with all the other weapon systems.

The only way to get a Hip with only doorgunners is to do it as stated by Spanueh.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

• 9 months later...
Am 1.4.2023 um 09:24 schrieb Spanueh:

Have a picture for clarification, hopefully this helps.  The tick-boxes on the right are for forcing an aircraft or helicopter into civil-aviation mode, for an Aerobatics server for instance.  The weapon-station boxes for the Hip have the option to remove the pylons, while also allowing the left and rear gunner positions to be loaded.image.jpeg

Hey, thanks for the tip. In hindsight: I'm a little annoyed that I didn't think of it myself 😉