Virpil encoders to virtual axis problem

MA_Goblin

Hi fellow simmers,

I have a problem that I can't find a solution to and I have watched all YT videos and browsed every forum to find the answer.

How do I configure the encoders on the VPC #2 panel as virtual axis?
In every way I have tried DCS dont see the virtual axis created and the frustration is rising 😄

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Hi, you need something like this (mine es a Throttle CM3). You have to set up a Button reset, in my case 127.

image.pngAnd make sure that there is matching between physical buttons and logical buttons for the two directions of the encoder.

Regards,
Splashnull

image.png

Edited by splash

I have it set up that way but it will notwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

On your thread on the same subject in the Virpil forum, i asked you this:

'do the axes - not the encoder buttons - show OK in JoyTester? In DCS, you have to manually select it from the axis drop down menu.  I think they are joy_slider_1 and 2.'

Do they show OK in JoyTester?  Please post a screenshot of one of your virtual axis tabs and your button tab showing the same as @splash above.

Edited by imacken

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

On 4/5/2023 at 11:14 AM, imacken said:

On your thread on the same subject in the Virpil forum, i asked you this:

'do the axes - not the encoder buttons - show OK in JoyTester? In DCS, you have to manually select it from the axis drop down menu.  I think they are joy_slider_1 and 2.'

Do they show OK in JoyTester?  Please post a screenshot of one of your virtual axis tabs and your button tab showing the same as @splash above.

The axis shows in Joy Tester
Everything looks OK as per pictures below but I still can't get i t to work

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by MA_Goblin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All looks Ok except for the step value of 400. With it set to that, you'd need 150 activations to make a full turn! Values of 3000 or 6000 are more common. however, that doesn't solve your issue.

Are you sure you are selecting the axis from the drop down in DCS as per my attachment?  It won't detect virtual axis by moving them like normal axes.

d1.jpg

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

18 hours ago, imacken said:

All looks Ok except for the step value of 400. With it set to that, you'd need 150 activations to make a full turn! Values of 3000 or 6000 are more common. however, that doesn't solve your issue.

Are you sure you are selecting the axis from the drop down in DCS as per my attachment?  It won't detect virtual axis by moving them like normal axes.

d1.jpg

Thank you very much.
I missed this step earlier, not reading carefully and it works like a charm in DCS 😄
In IL-2 however I cant get it to work for some reason.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I believe IL2 will not work because it doesn’t have separate axis binds and it will detect the buttons first. I don’t use IL2, but that’s my theory!

4 hours ago, splash said:

In IL-2 I edited the config file manually for that reason, as you comment it detects the buttons first. Not very comfortable...

I have edited the file in IL-2 but it will not recognise virtual axis.
It will recognise a real axis with this method but not a virtual one.

Edited by MA_Goblin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]