Remove/Reinstall Device Driver for Winwing (or USB device in general)?

ESzczesniak

I am having an issue with some of my Winwing devices not showing in SimApp.  This is apparently related to Windows updating the driver to some version that causes SimApp to not recognize it beyond as a USB game controller.  In an FAQ they review uninstalling the driver, clearing the registry with a .bat file, and reinstalling...

https://wwsimstore.com/view/help.html?nav=W3siaWQiOjIsInRpdGxlIjoiU2VydmljZSJ9LHsiaWQiOjgsInRpdGxlIjoiU29mdHdhcmUifV0=&id=d3d0NDU=

I am on the latest build of Windows 11 and their instructions are not matching with what I'm finding.  They direct to Window>Devices.  I don't directly have a "Windows" menu option, and if I type devices, all I get is "bluetooth and other devices". 

The next steps are to open properties, select a driver tab, then uninstall.  This seems most like the Windows device manager, but I can't figure out how I could possible identify a specific device.  Under human interface device, I get a lot of generic names as shown in the attached picture.  The game controller menu doesn't give me driver options.

Can anyone help me with how to uninstall the drivers a game controller?

DVCMNGR.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Did you get this resolved? I was playing with SimAppPro and clicked on the 4x32 button just to see what it does. My throttle blinked and both devices went away in SimAppPro. I am on Windows 11 so to delete the devices I just went into Settings, Devices, and deleted both devices there. I deinstalled SimAppPro and have reinstalled it several times. So I suspect I have the registry issues mentioned in the troubleshooting knowledgebase. I opened a ticket and hope to get the batch file they speak of. I have used RegEdit to look in the registry files but can't find anything definitive to the WingWing devices. If you have any input I'd appreciate it. 

• 6 months later...
40 minutes ago, titi69 said:

ok , got it fixed installing previous version of SimappPro , bub is with new version in my case

Hello.

can you point me towards where to find an older version of simapppro mine updated and it just crashes after start 

1 hour ago, MoinkySchmoink said:

Has anyone gotten this after downloading the 1.9.9 version? I uninstalled the newest version and downloaded 1.9.9 on the advice from the support ticket people, but now I cannot install.

I had the same problem where I switched to 4x32 mode for elite dangerous and it bonked everything. 

not working install.png

You have a system problem. Remove Simappro via add/remove. Do a search in your C:\drive for anything SImappro related and delete it manually. Install this.......https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x86.exe

Restart then re-install the latest version

Also ensure you have excluded SImappro in your anti virus software

Edited by MustangSally

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

5 hours ago, MustangSally said:

You have a system problem. Remove Simappro via add/remove. Do a search in your C:\drive for anything SImappro related and delete it manually. Install this.......https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x86.exe

Restart then re-install the latest version

Also ensure you have excluded SImappro in your anti virus software

No luck trying this approach. I cannot fully remove simapp pro for some reason (via add/remove). I also ran the file you suggested, restarted and attempted to install, nothing.  I asked winwing cs if they can provide a clean up utility for their software. Hoping I don't have to return this stuff.

If it won't fully remove, I'd be concerned you could have a drive issue (especially combined with not being able to complete install). 🤔  The 4x32 thing seems to be a SimAppPro issue as at least a few people had it, but your issue seems to go beyond that.

Clean your C:\ drive (incl C\:Users\Appdata) manually. Also go into Regedit, do a find for Simappro and remove any entry's

Restart and reinstall

Edited by MustangSally

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

After a long try everything and clean everything out session I got it to work. The uninstall needed to be done in the control panel.

I also added a 2 in regedit as admin under windows installer so it is automatic and not manual, and stopped/restarted windows installer. -not sure if I needed to do this

I really wish the software was better, winwing should have a clean up utility or good built in uninstall. I am also fighting the pushy updates in the software so as not to revert and it likes to hang up on the update screen sometimes. 

Anyways-control panel got it for me! Hope that helps others! Windows 11 btw

Edited by MoinkySchmoink