Losing Power while Hovering

Chillspider

but collective AP function, when within the hover mode, is too sensitive and needs a wider operating range to stop the sinking.

if that is the way the real helo works, fine. I can see why they discontinued it.

Autopilot authority is limited to 20%. This is far more than many Western aircraft. The Super Puma, for example, limits its autopilot to only 5% authority. They should discontinue the Puma immediately as well, since it's autopilot is only 25% as effective as the Ka-50. ;)

• 14 years later...
On 2/5/2009 at 10:15 PM, Chillspider said:

The situation is clear nice weather i take off from airfield and hover at altitude of like 50. And i frequently get a problem where i cant climb and it does it from then on when im flying i included screenshot of the lights that come on when this happens it say RH and LH power set LIM. ive had other flights where this never happens when im hovering and climb. I didnt make and aggressive stops or anything i tried this right after take off and entered hover and after a couple mins this happens and yes i have the throttles set right .

attachment.php?attachmentid=24662&d=1233871732

ScreenShot_014.thumb.jpg.79d72ce8ded2ac779c3430b33d352001.jpg

I'm not sure if this was ever resolved and I'm not about to wade through all of the replies. I fly the Ka-50 III as my main aircraft and I spend a lot of time hovering, I also had the same issue. If you check your exhaust gas temperatures while hovering they can get dangerously close to the red, once it goes into the red the engines will shut down. There is a limit to how long you can maintain the hover. When my engines are getting close to being in the red I fly around to reposition my helo before going back into a hover. This cools the exhaust gas and puts them back in the green for a while but you do have to monitor the exhaust gas temperature if hovering for a while.

Of course, maybe I'm talking out of my a***, but from my experience,  if I keep an eye on the temperature the engines do not shut down.

I also found this YouTube video - it might be worth a look

Edited by Nialfb

Game setup - I9-13900K, 3000 MHZ 24 Core 32 Logical Processors, NVIDIA RTX 4090, 42” ASUS 4K OLED monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog, TM TPR Rudder pedals, HP Reverb G2 VR - soon to be Bigscreen VR