Can I get advice?

Whiskey1968

Hey peeps, been looking real hard at buying Black Shark. Have lomac FC and loved it. My pc ran it very well too, my pc is a 3500 AMD proc, 6800 Ultra Geforce 516, got 2 gigs ram, SB Audigy 5.1 sound card and thats the nuts and bolts.

Will that run the game smooth enough or be comparable to LOMAC FC for playability. Or is this game a little more demanding than FC?

Thanks in advance.

Whiskey

Yes a little more demanding on the CPU, Your are really probably on the low spec side, hard to say what sort of FPS could be achieved on your system, Either way its a great sim, just buy it an deal with it then...lol :)

Rofl famous last words.

After buying BS, I bought - an i7 920, 6Gb RAM, new HD, GTX260, HOTAS, TrackIR 4 + clip, another 19in ws monitor (just for abris/shkval).

If any game's worth it, this one is.

Rofl famous last words.

After buying BS, I bought - an i7 920, 6Gb RAM, new HD, GTX260, HOTAS, TrackIR 4 + clip, another 19in ws monitor (just for abris/shkval).

If any game's worth it, this one is.

Amen bro, i upgraded EVEYTHING in my puter now im rocking with ... Intel Q6700 overclocked to 3.2 GHz, 4 gigs DDR2 PC6400, 2- 9800 GT's in SLi, and a new 150 gig SSHD. This thing finally can run with the big dogs and get decent frames doing ti too. granted it cant run Crysis on high but who likes that game anyway. :) My guess is your on the lower side, but check it out, turn the sliders down a bit and youll run it fine, I had a laptop with a core 2 dua 1.7GHz with a geforce 7600 gt in it and I still got good frames ( +20 fps)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.wargamelabs.com

you might need a life if you computer specs are in your sig ;)

Amen.

Overclocked my Q6600 to 3.2GHz, bought a new mobo, another 4GB of DDR8500, a 9800GTX+, and a triplehead2go. About to move to Win7_64 as well, so an OS reinstall too.

So far.

Next might be the fastest Core 2 Duo available. if that doesn't get me 30FPS on medium with the TH2G and ABRIS windowed in Win7, it might have to be a Core i7, 4870x2 and DDR3. :o

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Hey peeps, been looking real hard at buying Black Shark. Have lomac FC and loved it. My pc ran it very well too, my pc is a 3500 AMD proc, 6800 Ultra Geforce 516, got 2 gigs ram, SB Audigy 5.1 sound card and thats the nuts and bolts.

Will that run the game smooth enough or be comparable to LOMAC FC for playability. Or is this game a little more demanding than FC?

Thanks in advance.

Whiskey

I have similar PC to your - AMD 3000+ (but overclocked to 4000) with 7300GT and 1 GB of RAM. I get - ALL settings changed to LOW with cut of dust smokes, haze and other graphic settings about 20 FPS normal, small area, in hot terrain even 5-10. I have a bit modded game with water mod and overcast mod. i played at 1680x1050.

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Whiskey,

I had that exact processor and then upgraded to a 4200+ X2 (dual core). Core frequency is the same, and when the game runs on only one of the two cores, it is not bad at all (at least in XP, in Vista/7 there might be a bigger improvement).

I've got an Nvidia 7600GT which is at about the level your 6800 is (I actually think yours is better than mine). So yes, it will run. Not with everything at max, but it sure will with the proper graphics settings.

It also runs on a friend's 2400+ with a GeForce 5900 so don't be overly worried. As said...get the game, then deal with the hardware issues later :)

Edited by Pavlos