Communications menu: Wingman -> attack my target

Hello,

I would like to ask a question about the communication between me and my AI flight members. When I send orders like "Engage my target", they reply either "roger" or "unable" but that's not the point. What about planes without radar locking capability? Is "my target" the nearest enemy plane or the one closest to my plane's longitudal axis (the enemy I am "looking at", directly in front of me)? Or maybe the aspect angle is also important?

I will explain it on the picture below. The left enemy plane is closer to my plane's longitudal axis and the one on the right has shortest distance.

plane communications.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2023 at 9:30 AM, JetJake76 said:

What about planes without radar locking capability? Is "my target"...

Do you have this option in any WW2 aircraft?

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 5/8/2023 at 11:35 AM, draconus said:

Do have this option in any WW2 aircraft?

Sorry, my picture is kind of misleading, I rather thought of post WW2 planes, especially MiG-15 and F-86. Those planes have this option, I will check warbirds.

8 hours ago, JetJake76 said:

MiG-15

Please check DCS World Radiocommunication_EN.pdf from DCS\mods\aircraft\MiG-15\doc - does it contain any help in this regard?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria