Coordinate Corrections Using Over-flight Method

Robo76

Ka-50 III The INU coordinate correction using the flyby method does not work. The entered fixed point coordinates (setup ABRIS coordinate format xx° xx´ xx" => xx° xx,xx´ = PVI-800/INU format xx° xx,x´) are not saved to PVI-800/INU after double pressing the Uncage Shkval button (they were before). I further assume that any fixed point coordinates (for function checking) should go in as initial for the INU system. INU cannot know if the fixed point coordinates are correct, so it should set them as initial. If this correction cannot be made correctly, the TDC positions on ABRIS and Shkval do not match.

(Translated with DeepL)

Edited by Robo76

• 2 weeks later...
Am 5.5.2023 um 21:24 schrieb Robo76:

Ka-50 III The INU coordinate correction using the flyby method does not work. The entered fixed point coordinates (setup ABRIS coordinate format xx° xx´ xx" => xx° xx,xx´ = PVI-800/INU format xx° xx,x´) are not saved to PVI-800/INU after double pressing the Uncage Shkval button (they were before). I further assume that any fixed point coordinates (for function checking) should go in as initial for the INU system. INU cannot know if the fixed point coordinates are correct, so it should set them as initial. If this correction cannot be made correctly, the TDC positions on ABRIS and Shkval do not match.

(Translated with DeepL)

track pls?

and I will also test it

On 5/24/2023 at 5:54 AM, Schlomo1933 said:

U need to change the abris format from 

„xx*xx‘ xx“ to „xx*xx , xx“ after cold start.

Read the the abris coordinates from the abris map. Put the value into the pvi-800. after that u can make the fix… 

Of course I changed the coordinate system in ABRIS, that's why I mentioned it. The problem is that the selected fixed point coordinates are not saved exactly in the INU. And if arbitrary coordinates are entered, that doesn't work either (INU doesn't know which coordinates are correct). It used to work correctly ... until it was recently "improved". Or is it no longer used to insert 2x Uncage Shkval ? According to the procedure in the current manual it doesn't work.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Both methods (overflying and Shkval) work for me, except when using Shkval for INU alignment, it must be locked on to an object (TA must appear). You cannot just point it to an empty field, lase and use that location; there must be an object (a building, vehicle, etc.) that you can lock on and TA must show. The overfly method works perfectly. You might want to review your steps.

Edited by primus_TR
stubby fingers

• 5 months later...

I have tried the procedure on 24.11. (after several updates) and it is already working correctly as before. INU saves the coordinates of the fixed point EXACTLY. I was instructed in the debate above that this works, but it didn't. Similarly, INU no longer saves unambiguous coordinates because it can't know if they are correct. Thanks to the authors for the correction.