About Steam prices in Turkey...

eren

I have been enjoying DCS World since 2021. I had the chance to buy the F-16, Persian Gulf, and Flaming Cliffs 3 before the Steam prices skyrocketed. The prices have become so high that no person on Earth would buy them, even if they were rich. It is ridiculously expensive for a DLC (the F-16 costs ₺1,506, while the minimum wage is ₺8,506). We would appreciate having local pricing for Turkish players or any other country with a low currency. I am not trying to be rude or anything; I am simply explaining the current situation. The old prices were more reasonable and affordable. We understand that certain factors might restrict such changes, but we would like to express our understanding if this is not feasible.

Thank you for your understanding and consideration.

ss.PNG

• Like 2

I do understand and feel you. It seems though that most employees and 3rd party developers live mostly in Europe/Australia/US, and it would not be fair to expect them to work for less/free.
Living in those places can be quite costly!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, eren said:

The prices have become so high that no person on Earth would buy them, even if they were rich. It is ridiculously expensive for a DLC...

That's a huge exaggeration here.

Wait for sale or buy cheaper modules.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, and I thought euro-prices were crazy. Doesnt make it any better, but as to how they arrive at the prices:

Looks like ED uses a direct turkish lira to dollar/euro conversion; they got very few differences in regional pricing, at least on steam. Even Russia is just 5% cheaper after conversion. Most regional stuff is -20% to +30%. 

For me the F-14 is 74€, which converts into 1586,51 Lira. Tho median monthly income is 2166€ (sadly went down cuz creep of half time jobs).

https://www.google.com/search?q=turkish+lira+to+euro

This game is expensive even for high income countries. For people in lower income countries or with high inflation its probably impossible to pay those prices.

Only solution is to play a different game.

Edited by Temetre