Participation on server if don't have Normandy map

352ndDeacon

1 hour ago, 352ndDeacon said:

can he join if he has the correct plane even though he doesn't have the map?

no, he needs the map.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 5/15/2023 at 8:11 PM, 352ndDeacon said:

One of my members does not have either Normandy map.  If I put up a Normandy mission on my machine as multiplayer, can he join if he has the correct plane even though he doesn't have the map?

word of caution for the Il2 folks:  DCS licensing works completely different.

- Map is considered a module (DLC), you must have it in order to play on it in SP and MP

- whatever units (tanks, artillery, boats, etc) you place in your map are also part of module(s) (DLC). Some of these unit modules are free, and some aren't.

For example: the WWII units are part of the "WWII Asset Pack" module and you must own this module (DLC)  in order to play on any map that uses the units from this module. The WWII asset pack module isn't free and the player needs to buy it.

Edited by peachmonkey
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, peachmonkey said:

and the player needs to buy it.

only if he intends to use the pack's unit on his mission, not needed if he sticks to the base game units (some of which are WW2 era).

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB